• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What type dining do you prefer?

Rate this topic

gogetter

We always opted for late dining because we never wanted to rush back from an excursion to dress and eat. Our last 2 cruises, however, we have tried anytime dining and have been extremely satisfied! We usually arrive between 7:15 and 7:30pm (which is in between) and have had great luck with wait staff and tables. The hostess asks us if we have a preference for our table or our waiter. Since we like to experience and meet as many people as possible, we always say "no preference".

Marcy and James will (finally) be cruising with us in Sept. So it will be anytime dining with a table for 4 or more!

We go with Anytime (or Personal Choice, etc) and eat when we're hungry. The exception was this past August aboard Ocean Princess, which offers only traditional dining. In that case, we chose late sitting, which works best. That way I can take a nap before dinner - which is the only way I'll be able to keep my head from falling into my plate! We are early-dinner - early-to-bed people at home, so vacations require some internal clock adjustments!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, Lindsey, you can request your choice in the booking process. If you've already booked, you can log into your account on Carnival and make the request. If you booked with an agent, they will be happy to request it for you.

• 4 weeks later...

We always select traditional dining, late. We normally cruise with a group of our friends and, with the permission of the Maitre d' we move around each evening, table to table to make sure we eat with, or are close to, everyone in our group. There's always tons of questions regarding on board or in port activities and it makes for a wonderful, lively dinner.

I don't think I could manage Your Time dining. I'd miss all of our friends and would certainly miss our assigned wait staff. Those guys are so good, so attentive that it's well worth the very minor inconvenience of a scheduled dining time.