• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Has anything dramatic ever happened on a cruise?

Rate this topic

gogetter

One night around 0200 a "code alpha" was called overhead. For Princess this means a code blue or basically a medical emergency. A woman in her 90's had a cardiac arrest and passed unfortunately. She was with an extended family on holiday and they had to leave early. Really too bad of course. Two other people had to be evacuated for illness as well. sad.gif.

That is sad. I guess we never know when it i our time........

I saw a lady in church one day get gravely ill. It was very sad.

It was sad indeed. I saw the ladies husband B4 he got off and he looked just lost. Of the two people who had to be evacuated one was fine later as he had an allergic reaction to the carpeting.In fact we saw him in the airport prior to our departure and he looked fine. The other person I din't know about. In one way their misfortune was our good fortune. I made a colossal mistake of booking a f/w facing cabin and this made my wife very ill due to motion sickness. I think we would have had to get off too as she could not take the rocking but we were able to get this couples amidships cabin which really saved the day for us.