• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Our 1st Celebrity cruise

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez Larry, it seems they could have given a little accommodation here, especially considering this was a 12 night cruise with additional concierge service. As a minimum, the chef could have taken 10 minutes to visit your table and discuss a few options. The chef was either too new to understand the customer service nature of the cruise line, or too arrogant to be bothered with "Special Requests." I'm glad their comp'ing you a specialty dinner for two, but that won't solve the root cause of their problem chef and their clueless customer "service" guy. It would be funny if Gordon Ramsey paid that chef a visit on a future cruise! laugh.gif

Jeez Larry, it seems they could have given a little accommodation here, especially considering this was a 12 night cruise with additional concierge service. As a minimum, the chef could have taken 10 minutes to visit your table and discuss a few options. The chef was either too new to understand the customer service nature of the cruise line, or too arrogant to be bothered with "Special Requests." I'm glad their comp'ing you a specialty dinner for two, but that won't solve the root cause of their problem chef and their clueless customer "service" guy. It would be funny if Gordon Ramsey paid that chef a visit on a future cruise! laugh.gif

Thanks! Hopefully the info went up enough to filter the word to those who need "refreshers" :biggrin: . As for the chef I suppose it does come down to the two reasons you gave. it would cool to see what Gordon would have done. :biggrin: The maitre 'd was about as frustrated as we were. Actually, much too late I did think of asking to see the chef but hopefully in the future we will get the kind of service consistently that most of the X folks gave. Cheers. :smile:

Thanks for your review Larry. I'm sorry you hit a few bumps along the way but I'm glad you didn't let them ruin your vacation. It sounds like you had some amazing experiences.

Well the history part is amazing. No matter what your faith its sort of like this. Across the world are many churches named for religious events like the Annuciation, the Nativity, the Holy Seplechure and so on but here is where these events happened. Man this is it!!

Thanks for the review, Larry. I'm surprised at Celebrity - shame on them for not following through with their usual standard of CS and then to not try to make amends for their mishandling! I hope that was just an isolated personnel issue and not a sign of things to come. We do like Celebirty and will be spending 15 days on her in March! Looks like you did have a great cruise in spite of this - the itinerary sounds amazing!

Thanks for the review, Larry. I'm surprised at Celebrity - shame on them for not following through with their usual standard of CS and then to not try to make amends for their mishandling! I hope that was just an isolated personnel issue and not a sign of things to come. We do like Celebirty and will be spending 15 days on her in March! Looks like you did have a great cruise in spite of this - the itinerary sounds amazing!

Thank you. I too think the issues were a glitch. smile.gif

Very well written review, Larry. Thanks for writing it. Every review is helpful .

So sorry to read about the virus but glad it wasn't too bad. Sounds like you and your wife rode out the negatives pretty well and still were able to enjoy your cruise. Glad that the great parts were really , really great.

Very well written review, Larry. Thanks for writing it. Every review is helpful .

So sorry to read about the virus but glad it wasn't too bad. Sounds like you and your wife rode out the negatives pretty well and still were able to enjoy your cruise. Glad that the great parts were really , really great.

Thanks! I appreciate that. thumbup.gif

Thanks for the great review, Larry...glad you had a nice cruise excepting for a few difficulties...maybe Celebrity needs to get Michel Roux back as head chef of Celebrity...food and everything was so great then.