• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

St Thomas Via St John

Rate this topic

jobowl

What is the best way to get to st John from st thomas. Is it thru cruise line or independent ? RCCL says you get two hours. Doesn't seem like much time to me. Any suggestions.

Joe

Joe, we took an excursion to St. John last year, booked through Princess. It took quite awhile for the taxi to make it's way through traffic to the marina where the sailboats where. I'm thinking 30 - 45 minutes. Then, it took 45 - 60 minutes to sail to St John. Holiday beach was gorgeous, but we only got about one hour to stay at the beach before it was time to head back. I sure hope you can find something better, because it really was a nice beach.

Thanks Kevin, Gosh I wonder if it is worth it. If I can't find a better way I might not go this route. Rccl says they leave by boat right from the ship but you only get two hours at St Johns. Will see if someone else know of a maybe speedboat for rent or something.

Joe

thanks I have but it is only a two hour stay on the island thru the cruiseline. I am trying to figure out how I can get more time on the island. The problem I am having is the ship docks at 8am which cuts it close to catch the nine oclock ferry. which means the next one is at ten and not real comfortable about leaving later than two since the ship sails at 5. Just not enough time.

We have always used the ship's transportation simply because of the short amount of time.

Have you found it worth the trip since it is such a short time.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been to St. John's, yet. But with such a short time frame, I would go through the cruise line. That way if there is an issue getting back to the ship, they wait for you. Otherwise, you are on your own.