• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mariner of the Seas March 3, 2013

Rate this topic

Hi all! I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I wanted to check in and start a new roll call. We currently have a group of 8 friends sailing on the Mariner this next March. This will be our second time on her, but we have a couple going with us where it will be their first cruise ever! They are so excited!

I am VERY excited to see the drydock changes that she just had done. We were recently on her about two months ago, so it will be fun to compare the changes.

We are currently booked in a Promenade view room - and this is our first time trying this class of room out. We've done oceanview, balcony...and now we wanted to try something different. Already got a price drop too! An astounding $5.30!! I'll try not to spend it all in one place. No, I didn't really call my TA for the $5...

Anyway, just throwing this out there to see if anyone else is considering this sailing.

- Stacey

Hey Stacey, not sailing with you but I hope you hang around and jump into our other cruise discussions. Why not ask your friends to join us here, you can all have your own Roll Call topic and use the Chat Bar for group/video chat. The Chat Bar will hopefully be back online tonight/tomorrow.

See you around =)

Hey Stacey, not sailing with you but I hope you hang around and jump into our other cruise discussions. Why not ask your friends to join us here, you can all have your own Roll Call topic and use the Chat Bar for group/video chat. The Chat Bar will hopefully be back online tonight/tomorrow.

See you around =)

I have a roll call started over on the other "Everyone's a Critic" page, but so far nobody has joined me on it! Weird! If I do get anyone on there, I'll for sure pull them over here. The chat bar is a cool sounding feature.

But honestly, I'm getting so tired of all the rude people over there who like to hide behind their laptop screens and talk to others the way that they do. I'm sure I'll be popping in here more often from now on!

And I'm not advertising or anything, but I got to thinking of a way to garner more interest in your CC FB page. On FB, have you ever heard of "The Craft Show"? http://www.facebook.com/thecraftshow It's a networking only page and they hold free daily and nightly what they refer to as "cruises" (yes...ironic) where the "captain" will close the FB page to outside comments for about an hour and post links to some of the businesses who sign up. Literally hundreds will participate in these cruises (Craft Show has 29,000 likers as of today)...and the point is to visit and like the featured pages. I believe sign up starts about thirty minutes prior to a "cruise", and they advertise the sign up time as a status update during the day. I also have a business page, and it wasn't uncommon to grow literally a couple hundred likes every single "cruise" I participated in. I went from a few hundred likers that I gathered over a years time to over 1500 in about two weeks of participating in "cruises". It's a great FREE way to get more visitors and more exposure to your page. Because the more who like you, the more will see your status updates. Feel free to message me and I can answer any questions you may have, I'm not real sure if I was totally clear on all of that! Oh, and I'm not affiliated with The Craft Show, but what they offer is just a really great resource for those of us wanting to gather likers! And likers will garner more visitors here! :smile:

I hope I didn't speak out of turn or offend you. I just got to thinking a while back when I saw you post to share the FB page to all of our friends that a Craft Show "cruise" is just what you need! :smile:

Stacey, Welcome to CruiseCrazies. We're very friendly around here, as you will see. We love new members so we'd love to have you and your cruising friends be able to post to each other here. Hoping to see you here often.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! I convinced another couple to come with us! Our original party of four has grown again and now we're up to ten! Five couples and we are all dear friends!! My bestest friend and her husband just booked yesterday and lucky enough the room right next door was available and she snagged it. This will be their first cruise and they are so excited!! She much more than he, though. He has issues with water but he's willing to give it a try. Hopefully we won't have to knock him out and carry him on board, but if it comes to that I'm fully prepared to take those measures. I've got a mean right hook.

• 2 weeks later...