• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2014 Crazie Med Cruise

Rate this topic

RayColey

Andi, Pompeii (also Amalfi and Isle of Capri) is an excursion from the port of Naples. Dubrovnik is definitely on my list..it's pretty much on the way to Venice; last cruise our ship stopped at Split, Croatia, instead of Dubrovnik, and that was quite interesting, too.

We may also be interested in joining this cruise. The big factor for us is that we have done a few cruises that encompass these ports mentioned and although all are wonderful, this world is so huge, so much to see and so little time. So it would depend on ports. Love the idea of 2 weeks but as you know we would love to incorporate Greek islands (not particularly Athens) and a stop in Turkey. We would also like Palermo, Sicily. Oh and Portofino ..... and Split would be a different port for us too, we have done Dubrovnik a few times. ..... Oh what the heck :biggrin: we will just wait and see what you eventually settle on and then decide. Europe is so awesome .... I would so love to go to Prague (no port I know :thumbdown: ). Ok, OK, I'll stop now ... I could just go on and on .......

We are definitely interested in this cruise. The Greek Isles, Venice, Rome are all on our bucket list. Even Turkey would be wonderful. I think 2 weeks is perfect and early June is great for us.

I'm glad to see that there is a lot of interest in this cruise. I am collecting emailed ads from the various lines (and I think that itineraries will likely stay pretty much the same from year to year) to see what's available at decent rates.

Jackie, Prague is right on the Vltava (Moldau) river, and is covered by Uniworld river cruises. We absolutely LOVED Prague, and definitely intend to return there (along with enough other places that to cover them all we would have to live into our 100s!)

We are planning to come if all works out. I had been thinking of late September or early Oct. for cooler weather and fewer crowds at the tourist areas, but early June should be good, too. Some of the ports from the cruise I have been dreaming about for years are: Barcelona, Spain; Villefrance, France; Livorno,Pisa, Italy; Civitavechia/Rome, Italy; Naples or other ports on the Amalfie Coast; Santorini, Greece; Athens, Greece, Dubrovnik, Croatia; and Venice over night. Was looking at Celebrity (one of the newer ships) but am willing to hear what everyone has to say, and what ports everyone else wants to see...I mostly want the Italy ones with a good amount of time in Rome and Venice.

We would love to have you and Marc on this cruise, Shari - pretty much all of the cruises I have seen feature one or two ports on the western side of Italy (unless the cruise is restricted to Italian ports only), so we will probably wind up with only two ports there, but the ones you have mentioned are definitely on the radar. Similarly, Athens and Santorini are usually included in the Greece/Turkey cruises but the ones that go up the Adriatic usually feature Corfu or another of the Adriatic greek islands. Of course, this is almost two years away, and the lines may offer a wider variety of cruises than they do at present. Celebrity is definitely one of the lines that has these cruises... I'm looking at everyone but Costa!!

Pity you're not looking at September 2013 - found this great 14 day cruise on the Ruby Princess.

Sat Sep 21 Venice, Italy Embark Sun Sep 22 Venice, Italy 1:00pm Mon Sep 23 Dubrovnik, Croatia 9:00am 6:00pm Tue Sep 24 Corfu, Greece 7:00am 5:00pm Wed Sep 25 At Sea Thu Sep 26 Istanbul, Turkey 9:00am 6:00pm Fri Sep 27 Mykonos, Greece Noon 8:00pm Sat Sep 28 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 4:00am 7:00pm Sun Sep 29 Santorini, Greece 7:00am 6:00pm Mon Sep 30 Rhodes, Greece 8:00am 5:00pm Tue Oct 1 Ephesus / Kusadasi, Turkey 8:00am 5:00pm Wed Oct 2 Crete (Heraklion), Greece 7:00am 5:00pm Thu Oct 3 At Sea Fri Oct 4 Naples / Capri (Sorrento), Italy 7:00am 6:00pm Sat Oct 5 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 4:00am