• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2014 Crazie Med Cruise

Rate this topic

RayColey

Just a question - what is the reasoning behind looking for a cruise in June????

Jackie,

I think June has to do with Ray's piano lesson schedules.... I am interested in knowing the differences in prices for the months - I would assume July/August are more expensive? Would June be comparable to September or more/less......I shall get on the ole computer and do some research. We are not tied to June so would like to be able to consider price.

The first part of June should be good...it shouldn't be too hot or crowded then. I have also heard that Europeans are on vacation in July and August so it would be very crowded on the ships and in the ports.

I'm a little concerned about Greece and Turkey with all the turmoil that's going on in Greece and the Middle East right now, but a lot can change in 2 years, plus the cruise lines would change the ports if there were any warnings not to go at the time, I'm sure.

Shari - we have 2 lots of friends who are in those countries right now as we speak. Both are posting on Facebook and are loving it. The couple in Greece (including visiting 6 Greek islands) say that you would never know anything is going on .... and so does the guy who is in Istanbul - he's my age, loving it and saying that he would love to move there.

Coming from another country (as you do) there is one thing I will say and that is that don't be governed about news reports. I have to tell South Africans this all the time ... their perception of America is EVERYTHING they see and hear on TV. They don't want to visit because our kids go on rampages and shoot each other at school, all they hear about are all the murders taking place here and then our weather is the worst in the world (apparently) you either have to dodge hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, wild fires or earthquakes ... and think it's so unstable here that they don't feel it necessary to visit and risk their lives. :wink2::blush: Of course we know that America shoots itself in the foot with the world coverage .... but living here we also know that this is not the picture of our gorgeous country. Sorry I got so wordy ..... bottom line, I'm happy to travel back over there.

People in Greece are experiencing economic difficulties. They have no problem with money coming into the country - that's exactly what they need (well, they need a good economist to explain the economic facts of life to them, too). June, especially early June, is a lovely time of year in the Mediterranean countries. We'll probably have to choose between Venice and Turkey, because I haven't seen a cruise that does both unless it excludes all the western Italian ports.

Ray - that September cruise does all the major Italian ports (Venice, Rome & Naples) except for Florence. One woud definitely have to do a 14 day cruise to try and get all the Italian ports plus Turkey into the itinerary........ as you say, don't know if it's entirely possible, I haven't done much research.

Well you guys did a good job of quelling my fears about Turkey....I'm game :thumbup: but....still favor Venice if we have to choose between the two. I'm fine with June but can consider other months - would definitely want to stay away from July/August if that is when they are all on holiday over there! Ray, you have been there - I haven't so I bow to your experience! :laugh: