• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Your picture (and profile) is worth a thousand words

Rate this topic

Jason

Seeing a photo of another member can go a long way. Not only that, the more we know about each other's cruising preferences and experience, the easier it is to find just the right cruiser when a question comes up - Or someone who we'd like to connect with.

By updating your profile with your photo and other info, your can start building you online "persona" which will help other cruisers get to know you and feel more comfortable in chatting with you. Here's how:

1. Access "My Settings" (Or select your name from the userlinks menu at the top right corner of any page)

2. Upload your picture using the first option.

• We'd love to see your face so we know exactly who we are interacting with.
  • This picture will appear as your member photo, next to all of your posts throughout the site.

3. Fill out the editable boxes like "Number of Cruises," "Days Cruised," "Favorite Cruise Line," and so forth.

• This creates keywords that make you searchable within the Member Directory...And also helps us get to know you a bit more. Once you have entered your information, scroll down, hit "Save Changes," and you're done.

Now go out there and meet some more cruisers!

Questions? Feel free to ask and myself or the Moderation Team will be happy to assist!

• 10 months later...
Love seeing my fellow cruisers' smiling faces! Makes it feel more like a group of friends here than just a random bunch of strangers. :smile:

-gina-

Well said, Gina! A picture - even if it's not a face - adds a personal touch to your profile. It helps in identification, as well. The brain - at least my feeble one - works better when I can associate a screen name with a photo! :laugh:

To our new members who might be shy, cautious or perhaps concerned about security, you don't need to reveal too much about yourself if you choose not to. Basic information about your cruising experience, where you've been and maybe where you're going, will go a long way in connecting you to the community. :smile:

My photos "are too big". Is there a trick?

I have the same problem, and have had to resize the large ones using photo editing tools in iTunes or Picasa.

Yeah, at one point some of you did get to see what Jerry and I look like. But we were so much younger then!

I have more up to date pictures of the dogs, but I would need to resize them as well.

I'll try to resize the picture before I select it and see if that helps.