• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Info on Hawaiian Islands

Rate this topic

pjPonzo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Both times that we sailed in Hawaii, NO stops in Kauai. I am so jealous that you had overnight there. It is a beautiful island.

Thank you for your diary and pictures.

I truly believe that cruising is the best way to see Hawaii. I found the islands expensive and know that I would not be able to afford a vacation (hotel, food, entertainment, transportation, etc., etc.) on one island -- even if a gonga package was offered.

Our first cruise had an extended 3 days is Oahu with just hotel included. Between the rental car and food, those 3 days almost cost us as much as the cruise (and we didn't dine like we did on the ship)!

Fantastic review Peter – we loved our cruise aboard Pride of America (June 2011) and this brought back lots of wonderful memories! We’re heading to Hawaii for trip number ten later this year, but that was our only cruise of the islands.

Debbie, we have a time-share on the north shore of Kauai and we don’t spend much to vacation there. We eat at the local’s restaurants, shop at the farmers market, snorkel, hike, and hang out at the beach – no mega-resorts for us. It’s one of the most beautiful places on Earth and definitely the most relaxing time off we ever take!