• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sea sick

Rate this topic

bingo296

This is our 2ns cruise. My daughter and I both had a touch of sea sicknesses on our last cruise. Any tips? Do the bracelets work? I packed Dramamine already! Just want to know how prepared to be. It only was an issue when the boat was "full steam ahead" on the first night to get to the Bahamas. Slow cruising was fine! :sick:

Edited by bingo296

Slip a governor on the engine. :wink2:

Seriously a cabin low and amid ships is best for lessening the sensation of motion.

Its hard to say what will work as everyone is different. Remedies to try include the wrist bands, dramamine. meclizine, ginger, green apples and crackers.

My wife uses dramamine with good effect but if the seas get rough she uses phenergan which is prescription only. I suggest calling your MD for advice.

I've only had one cruise where I really got sea sick. I took some Bonine non-drowsy (meclizine)...same thing I take for my occasional vertigo problems. The Bonine worked within a few hours for me. Hope you find somethig that works well for you and your daughter.

I have never been seasick but I have heard that a lot of the pursers desk will give you some medicine for seasickness for free. Not sure if it's certain lines or they all do it but hopefully this helps a little. I have read online that if they do give it out they normally have a couple different things they can give you

I guess we’re lucky – we’ve been on some pretty rough cruises but we’ve never experienced any symptoms of motion sickness. Our friends that have felt it say ginger is the best cure. Fortunately a lot of cruise lines have complimentary sushi events where you can get all the ginger you want!

• 4 weeks later...

Fortunately I do not have a problem with seasickness....however, my tips for those who do...anything with ginger (capsules, crystalised, ale)...works a treat and can usually settle the most upset of tummies.

Also works well if you have a tummy upset such as noro since it calms things down and stops the queasy feelings.