• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crew of the Carnival Triumph - What Will Happen with Them?

Rate this topic

Jason

3c79afcd0d88f50aebf2be5bfef84aa6.jpg

Most first-hand passenger accounts from aboard the Carnival Triumph have praised the crew members onboard, acknowledging they have done a great job under the circumstances, and have done absolutely the best they possibly could have. Considering most crew members are from third world countries and put in 7 day work weeks to send money back home to their families, questions are arising as to what will happen with these hard workers. A few poll questions:

• With many upcoming sailings cancelled, what will happen to these crew members during this time?
  • Will the crew members receive rewards or extra compensation for their commendable actions?

The crew will either be assigned to other Carnival ships (Remember the "Breeze" debuts in May) or may be given the option to be flown home as part of their earned vacation. As for the crew be "Rewarded" for their actions...unless the passengers identify them in messages to Carnival, Carnival will never know exactly who to credit. I'm sure they will receive some praise from Corporate, but from what I have been hearing about their going above and beyond, they won't get enough praise from the home office in my opinion!!! Plan on this vessel being out of service from some time. If there was feces and urine flowing in the public areas as reported, the ship will probably need dry dock time to bring her back to sailing code. Carpet and furniture will have to be replaced. On a side note, It's hard to believe my wife and I renewed our vows on the Triumph a few years ago!!!

Edited by Sarge6870

The crew will either be assigned to other Carnival ships (Remember the "Breeze" debuts in May) or may be given the option to be flown home as part of their earned vacation. As for the crew be "Rewarded" for their actions...unless the passengers identify them in messages to Carnival, Carnival will never know exactly who to credit. I'm sure they will receive some praise from Corporate, but from what I have been hearing about their going above and beyond, they won't get enough praise from the home office in my opinion!!! Plan on this vessel being out of service from some time. If there was feces and urine flowing in the public areas as reported, the ship will probably need dry dock time to bring her back to sailing code. Carpet and furniture will have to be replaced. On a side note, It's hard to believe my wife and I renewed our vows on the Triumph a few years ago!!!

Are you referring to Carnival Sunshine?

Most of the crew that had their contract ending will most likely get an early vacation and go home, some might jump on to other ships in the area, and some will just get paid vacation where the ship is getting fixed... The crew that goes to the sunshine wont get there until late March early April... I worked on the brand new Carnival Magic, and I didnt get on the ship until 10 days before it set sail.

The consistent praise of the crew members is really the “other side” of this story – too bad it’s not getting more attention. Hopefully Carnival comes up with some small way to recognize and reward them even if it’s only internally within the company.

Our local news has published stories of how wonderful the staff and crew were. I've heard -- crew members would bring their instruments to the common areas and would sing, plan and entertain us day and night. Staff and crew would share whatever amenities they had. There was a true bonding and commeraderie, etc., etc.

Let's hope that these comments are relayed back when it's time for the comment card.