• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival's Letter to Past Guests [Carnival Triumph coverage]

Rate this topic

Jason

Carnival has distributed an email letter to all Past Guests, in the wake of the Carnival Triumph disaster.

In the letter, President & CEO Gerry Cahill acknowledges the deep regret, concern, and empathy for the passengers and their families, while promising a thorough investigation and assurances that every effort will be taken to ensure an incident such as this does not occur again. He also thanks everyone for their support during this tough time for the company.

Check it out below and let us know what you think! (Click to enlarge)

Carnival-Triumph-Past-Guest-Letter.png

Even though I didn't receive the email yet, I have to agree that this was an unfortunate incident aboard the vessel. I have sailed 5 times on Carnival ships and never regret nor second guess if I would sail with them again. If it wasn't for the fact that we had already booked with RCCL for our November cruise prior to this incident, and that we have not sailed RCCL yet and have always wanted to, we most likely would have booked a Carnival cruise EVEN after this occurrence. The unfortunate incident on the Triumph has not dampened our feelings that Carnival is a good cruise line.

Edited by Sarge6870

I think the CEO of Carnival has gone over and above on taking care of those passengers on the Carnival Triumph. As stated above, it was an unfortunate accident/incident that could have happened on any of the Carnival ships, or any other cruise line in the industry. It is really sad though to hear of people wanting to file lawsuits against the company. Would I sail on a Carnival ship in the future...you bet I would. Again, it was an accident and it could have happened any where. My hats off to the crew for an outstanding job that they did even when faced with extreme difficulties and "some" irate passengers.