• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for MARCH 2013

Rate this topic

FRIDAY - MARCH 1st, 2013

Good morning Crazies. It's not only the end of the week but the beginning of a new month and hopefully the beginning of spring. I think many of us have had more than enough of winter and will be anxious to see that first little crocus poke it's head through the now frozen ground.

Nothing special planned for this weekend - might start some spring cleaning but I'm sure I can be easily talked out of that in favor of something much more fun. I think Ash & TJ will have a sleepover tonight but not sure yet.

Lurkers- please stop by and say Hi. It's really easy (and fun) to meet your fellow cruisers and make some great friendships here.

Time to start my day - I'll be back later

Make today special

Good morning Crazies, Happy March. My father looked good yesterday and I am hoping he can go back home today. I will call and get a report soon.

Debbie thanks for reminding me, I cruise this month too. After the last month that sounds great.

MaryLou hope you have a quiet weekend.

I hope once things settle I'll be around more. Have a great day all.

Good morning, Crazies!

Goodbye, February, and take all that horrible winter weather with you! The first day of March has brought sunny skies and seasonable temps. Yay!!

Rose, so glad to hear your dad is recovering from his recent setback.

MaryLou - you're not the only one with sleepover guests. We are playing a game of "musical mattresses". Kristin stayed over last night and took Amanda's bed. David is in Boston for a couple of days, so Amanda took his spot in my bed. Tonight, James will join Kristin, and he has his pick of the back-breaking futon or the comfy living room sofa.

Oh, and MaryLou .... is it me or did you start this new March thread under the heading "General Conversation Topics" instead of "The Daily Dock"? One of us is asleep this morning. :tongue: Probably me.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jan - it was me who was asleep. I always start a new month under General Discussions and then move it. (You can't start a new thread in the Daily Dock section) I've been doing that for so long and this morning I just forgot to move it. LOL Just came back now to check in and realized I was asleep at the computer this morning.

Hi Crazies

Went to the store this morning then did my daily workout so no time to get on the computer. We are having snow flurries today. No big deal but I think everyone is ready for some sun shine and warmer temps.

Dr visit went well Dr was so pleased , and surprised with my weight loss (18 lbs) and workout routine he is not going to do anything until I have some blood work done in April. Thought he was going to skip down the hall he was so excited!

MaryLou....We made it to March. Its all down hill from here. Bring on spring.

Rose....Glad your Dad is doing better. Hope he can come home today.

Jan....I got a headache just trying to figure all your sleeping arrangements. We have five debrroms and only two people now so send the overflow out here.

Tomorrow night is a Chili Supper at church. Chili is always very good but will have to pass on the desertes (darn it). Have a great day everyone.

Steve - great news on the doctor visit. Don't you just love when diet and exercise trump medication and/or surgery?

Rose - praying that you can bring your dad home today, tomorrow at the latest.

MaryLou - way too funny! Thanks Jan for keeping her on her toes.

I cannot believe this is March 1. Totally means getting the tax papers together. Why oh why do I get so nervous at tax season? I guess it's like getting the car inspected. No one wants to fail at anything.

I told Jerry last night that he will not be permitted to retire. I told him that I love my vacations; I love my cruising and I want to be able to continue to cruise with him. He gets it!

Finally got all of the May 2013 Philly arrangements made. Have the flight, have the car, have the hotel in Atlantic City. Sure hope my family isn't too disappointed that we'll be spending more time in NJ ...

Zoey went to the vet on Wed. Rick said that everyone in the vet's office thought she was a puppy (she'll be 6). They commented on how beautiful her coat was, etc., etc. Must be from all of the perpetual petting that she demands. The vet was very pleased. Golden Retrievers have a tendency to be quite obese. Rick and I have made sure that she gets plenty of exercise (well, I do that) and a very good diet. It has really paid off. So the vet says to Rick, "I need to look at her teeth". Zoey flashes a smile and starts to lick her teeth. See, I brush their teeth every Sunday, so they are very clued in on the word teeth. The vet was amazed that she allowed him to explore around in her mouth (most animals are most resistant). He then said, "Zoey you have beautiful teeth." She smiled. Rick then told him that she gets her teeth brushed weekly. (I was so proud to hear about her great report!)

That's about it. Have a great Friday and an incredible weekend.

SATURDAY - MARCH 2nd

Good morning Crazies and Happy weekend. Not sure what we have planned. Last night TJ had a sleepover so of course I was up every hour checking on him. Now it's time to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday with some green eggs and ham for breakfast.

Steve - Congratulations on the weight loss - you are doing terrific. So glad the dr. was pleased and you are doing so well.

Debbie - Great report on Zoey and a great report from the Vet. Glad you are all set for your trip East. Hopefully spring will arrive before you do

Rose - Hope your Dad comes home today and is doing better.

Ray - Hope all is OK. We miss you when you don't pop in during your busy day

Jan - See --- the dock is safe and sound where it belongs. LOL

Time to tackle the eggs. I don't mind the slightly green eggs but the green ham looks disgusting. It's just something my dear daughter started a few years ago that the kids look forward to.

Make today special

Jan - it was me who was asleep. I always start a new month under General Discussions and then move it. (You can't start a new thread in the Daily Dock section) I've been doing that for so long and this morning I just forgot to move it. LOL Just came back now to check in and realized I was asleep at the computer this morning.

Mary Lou - I am glad to see all is right with the dock. If I were to be posting at some of the ungodly hours you do, I would probably be posting on a whole other site by mistake. Green eggs and ham? I do not like them Sam-I-Am .... Wow, I've never heard of people actually make them. I hope you take a picture and post it. :biggrin:

Good morning, everyone.

My company is gone and David comes home today. I am very relieved, as I never sleep well when he's away.

I am going to a bridal shower this morning, for a cousin-in-law's daughter. After that I am free for the rest of the weekend. Let's see how productive I will be.

Debbie - Zoey is very lucky to have you and Jerry taking such good care of her. :laugh:

Steve - Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job keeping that blood sugar under control. Well done! :biggrin:

Rose - I hope your dad is able to come home soon.

Gotta get ready for the day.

Have a great one!

Good afternoon Crazies. Just popped in to say my Dad was released from the hospital this afternoon. Sure hope its for keeps this time. Thanks for the support.

Hi Crazies

We have sunshine! No heat but sun will do. We have a lot of melting to do before our temps get back to normal. Going to a Chili Supper at church for dinner tonight. It will be fun. Lynda and I cleaned the house this morning. Lynda cleaned and I stayed out of the way :smile:

MaryLou...Green eggs and ham. Luckily I can't eat much of either, not that I would being green and all. You are a trooper!

Jan...Company is fun but it's always good to get back to normal. Enjoy the weekend.

Rose....Glad to hear your Dad is back home.

Ray...Where you be at? Hope everything is all right. (Bet you can't tell I went to college on a football scholarship)

Have a great day everyone.