New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sarge6870

Our First "Cruise Chronicle"

Rate this topic

OK, here we go!! I have made some adjustments to the directions though because I failed to consider my work schedule.

1) The story will run Monday through the following Monday. It will open at 12:00pm EST and will close the following Monday at 7:00pm EST. I will compile all entries, will name all the participants and will post it as one story the Tuesday following the close of the story (next day).

2) I will begin and end the story. If you see my entry at the end of the story, please consider the story closed at that point. No other entries beyond my final entry.

3) PLEASE keep all entries within 10 sentences.

4) All Cruisecrazies members may add to the story as much as they like but please don't "overtake" the story.

This story will run from today through March 11th. Let's go.............

"The Vacation Vacuum"

It's been three years since my last vacation. I have to get away, far away. Sure, I've been on cruises and land vacations yet cruising has always been my preference, but now I have to make a decision. Actually, a lot of decisions! When to go, where to go and how much I'm willing to part with. I'm not much of a fan of flying but sometimes it is all about the money! But do I want the aggravation that accompanies flying? So, I'll start from scratch. First............

... I try to see if I can call Oprah for a few dollars to pay for this cruise. If she doesn't buzz, I'll see if Donald Trump will through a "Trump Check" my way. After I get my pockets stuffed with some cruise money, I'll call up celebrity stylist Tim Gunn to make sure I'm looking fly and fresh - I can't be looking just any old kind of way. Then I'll call up Janet Jackson to show me some of the best moves around so I'll be ready for the sail-away deck party. After that, I'll see if Will Ferrell would be interested in sharing a cabin with me for the sole purpose so I can have a fellow prankster while at sea. We'll run the ice cream machines when no one's around, dance behind people without them knowing and share our bodily noises - you know, farting and such - with everyone over the PA system everyday! But I need to book this cruise ASAP so all this can happen. I'm gonna call Royal Caribbean International and book their world-famous ship...

... and then I wake up. Holy crap, was that really Trump and Oprah in my dream?? Anyway, I get back down to the business of choosing a cruise. If money was no object, I'd pick one of those 30+ day world cruises and knock a whole bunch of places off my bucket list at once. But, alas, I am not rich. Where will I go? The Southern Caribbean. I have to get away from this cold, and soon! I joyously start up the computer, jump on the web and ......

Okay, okay, I'm on the PC but am having trouble making up my mind, when, where to go. Am i ever going to do this? If I wait much longer I won't have any time off to go anywhere. (Here I am interrupted by my ever adoring hubby. "Yes I will finish dinner in a minute, just having a spot of trouble booking our vacation.") Probably if he would quit interrupting me I could finish this. Argh, now the kids are fighting, again. Will I ever get to go on this vacation?