• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for APRIL 2013

Rate this topic

MONDAY - APRIL 1, 2013

Good morning Crazies and welcome to another month. Hopefully we will see no more signs of winter and will begin to see the pretty crocus', tulip and daffodills popping their heads through the gardens. At least those are the first to bloom around here.

New members - stop by here and tell us about yourself and what you do to keep busy in between cruises. We are a fun group and all you need to do is say Hi and you will get to know all of us.

I hope every has had a nice weekend. Our's was very nice - Dave cooked us an amazing prime rib dinner from soup to dessert - I must have trained him well. Paige & Colin are growing like weeds - At not quite 13 Paige is suddenly looking me right in the eye - when did that happen? She has gotten so tall and beautiful. Colin is back playing Lacrosse which he loves and was gone most of the day on Saturday at a tournament. We got home last night just in time to see Ash & TJ before they went to bed so all in all it was a fun family weekend.

Time to unpack again and get back into a daily routine.

Make today special

Good morning Crazies. Wow April is here. 2more weeks of insanity for Howie. I'll be glad when it's over.

Quiet day yesterday, Howie worked. Spoke to my parents yesterday, Dads progress is very slow. Hopefully things will improve with the Carotid artery procedure on the 9th.

Catching up on house chores today but moving slowly because of my back . Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Time to get moving. Have a great day all.

Hi Crazies

Things are looking great at work. Quotes are caught up, customers are happy, and my friend has the right attitude and it is showing. There is hope this wont be as bad as I first thought.

CPA called with the "good news" on how much we owe. Its a lot but about $3000 less than I thought it would be.

MaryLou.....Sounds like you had a great day with family.

Rose.....Take care of your back. How is Howie holding up? He must be exhausted.

My beloved Royals lost the opener today 1-0 so we don't have to worry about going undefeated this year.

Have a good evening.

TUESDAY - APRIL 2nd

Good morning Crazies. Back into a routine today getting the kids off to school for Deb after she leaves for work. Then it's MALL time - first time in over 3 weeks. Jim is going to be very sorry he didn't just put a stamp on those bills and didn't ask me to pay them in person. Saving the price of 2 stamps is going to cost him big time. While I am at the mall Jim will be at our accountants getting our taxes done finally. I'll be happy if we break even this year.

Rose - Welcome back but sorry to hear your back is acting up. Take care. I'm sure you will all be anxious til after your Dad's procedure next week. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Steve - It sounds like Doofus just needed a little quiet explanation of the details involved in his job. Glad you were able to set him straight.

Ray - Glad to hear Trixie is back and better than ever. Hope she didn't take too much from your Med cruise fund.

Time to get my day started and catch up on some laundry.

Make today special

Good morning, Crazies and Happy Spring! We started out yesterday morning very mild and spring-like, then April showers came in brought back the chillies. At least the sun is shining!

Rose - Welcome back. Thinking of your Dad.

MaryLou - Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend with the family.

Steve - Looks like you're all settled in with your job.

We've begun planning our 2014 summer vacation - and decided on the Mediterranean. We'd love to do the Crazie Mediterranean cruise in the works - unfortunately, we're limited to early August. We're looking at Regal Princess, RCI Serenade of the Seas, and Celebrity Reflection. David is a die-hard Princess cruiser, but I'm trying to get him to give RCI or Celebrity a try - they are less expensive, and I like the extra sea days included. More research is in order.

Have a great day!

Good Morning, Crazies!

Just another Tuesday schedule around here - Yuki working at the hospital and me playing gigs. We're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, though - she only has two more weeks to grind out taxes, and there seems to be more sun and less nasty weather these days...

Steve, sorry about the Royals; here, the Nats started out pretty well against Miami (we usually have trouble with those guys), and Bryce Harper land Steven Strasburg look like they're in midseason form!

Rose, the busy season is coming to a close (except for those pesky extensions). Prayers for your Dad.

MaryLou, Trixie's hospital bill was covered by my tip money savings - not a dime came out of the Med Cruise Fund! Should we send out a warning to the Mall that you're on your way??

Jan, our Med cruise is looking a lot like sailing around Italy from Florence to Venice, or perhaps from Venice down the Adriatic and through the Greek islands to Ephesus. Currently, RCI prices look to be not bad, at about $1700 for two with a balcony...

Time to get ready to go.

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

Good morning Crazies. Back is a bit better but I really am babying it.

Steve this has been a tough tax season for Howie. I haven't helped at all, the returns are coming in late, and he lost a lot of time with my father's illness. I'm lucky to have such a great guy.

MaryLou enjoy the mall. Glad you can go back to stimulating our economy this week.

Jan I think R C I is pretty comparable to Princess especially on the longer itineraries. I love Celebrity as well. I dom't know if we will sail Princess again after the Panama Canal birthday cruise they ruined. It was disappointing and they really didn't satisfy the issue on land or on the ship. Sad because I liked them up until then.

So where are the rest of the Crazies?

Time to slowly do some chores. Have a great day all.

Hi Everyone! Hope that you all had a wonderful Easter. Ours was very nice...it's always so good to see everyone...the only thing is that when you are doing the cooking and entertaining you don't have too much time to chat with everyone. Back has been bad, too, but put on my ice pack and took some Tylenol (can't take anti-inflammitories) and went to it. Slept on my shoulder the wrong way this morning so that didn't help any...LOL My girls helped out Sunday...love them so much...Marc always helps, too. Our weather is up and down right now...right now it's at a high of 36, but tomorrow and Thursday it may reach the low 50s...Yea! I need to open up this house.

Mary Lou...went to Target and they had a whole isle full of jelly beans, and chocolates. That's so great that you had a fun family weekend. Those are our very best days..spent with family. So nice of your son to make the Prime Rib dinner...YUmmm! Good luck with the taxes!

Ray...Spring may be coming after all...hope so. So glad that all went well with Trixie, and that she is home with you now. Sounds like some fun times ahead with her. Hope you have some rest time now after the busy Easter weekend. Maybe a short cruise or trip is in order after Yuki finishes up with the tax season.

Kevin...hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Jackie...When do you go into the hospital? Is it for the heart surgery? Sending prayers and love and hugs! Loved the pictures on FB of your new RV...It is gorgeous! Love the flowers and the beautiful way you have made it home.

Jan...your tours for San Fran. sound great! Good luck with the weight and exercising. I have to make some real plans now to do that...or I won't make my planned cruise this Fall much less a tiring Med. cruise. Congrats on your Med. cruise this summer...wish it was with us, but I'm really happy for you. If I don't get in better shape, I won't make the June one either. Going to sign up for physical therapy again, and hope that's a good start. So glad Amanda is doing well. Wish we had her singing at our church.

Steve...so glad all is going well at work. Sorry about the Royals. So nice that you "saved" on the taxes. :biggrin:

Andi...so glad you had a fun time with Lucas. Our grandchildren are sooo precious, but I know what you mean that's it good when we can sit down with them and relax a bit. We usually do some painting or coloring, or arts, and then watch an approved kiddie movie. I'm usually ready for the movie...LOL

Ed...Happy Spring...it sounds really nice there in Las Vegas. Hope your Easter was wonderful. Only 7 days left for the cruise!

Rose...Welcome Back! So glad you had a nice cruise! Hope your back improves...it seems like it's never ending sometimes, doesn't it? Hope your dad improves after his surgery. Take care and keep resting your back, and don't overdo.

Hi to all Cruise Crazies! Have a wonderful day!

Hi Crazies

Jan, I think you are right about settling in to the job. Already have everything working like it should. Guess when you do the same thing for 15 years it takes awhile to lose that knowledge.

MaryLou.....All I can say to Jim, with his error in letting you take the payments to the mall is: "What were you thinking!" :biggrin: Enjoy the mall (like there is a choice)

Rose....Kinda figured with all your family illness that this was a tough tax season on Howie. Hope it goes smoothly from here on.

Ray....I saw the highlights of the Nats game on Sports Center. Bryce Harper just turned 20. Reminds me alot of a young George Brett and that ain't bad.

Shari....Take care of that back. Mine has been good lately. Think the 2 Ibuprohen in the morning and 2 before bedtime helps.

Have a great evening everyone.