• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ketchikan

Rate this topic

Eph60

Dmoten what type of excursion are you looking for? Do you want something active or just easy going? One of my favorite active tours in Ketchikan is kayaking. I like this because you get up close with some of the sea life and the views from the kayak of the various islands are great. A flight tour is always great but expensive.

For easier going tours a trip to one of the totem parks is both educational and beautiful. You are in a rainforest so you will see some great plant life as well as seeing totem poles, lodges and learning the history of the totem pole and lodge.

If you have a little time going to the lumberjack show is fun for a family and does not take that long. This is near the ship right in town.

Kayaking sounds fun but I am just so nervous about tipping over! Or not being able to get the hang of kayaking.

We did the most amazing fishing trip in Ketchikan. Only 2 couples with the outfitter in his skiff. We caught more fish than we could count. He then picked up his crab trap and took us to their private island where his wife had made fire and was cooking a Boullibase. The Outfitter cleaned our fish and put the fish and crab into the dutch oven already cooking on the fire. Withing 15 minutes we had an amazing meal with fresh baked Sourdough Bread and Wild Blueberry Pie for dessert - all washed down with many cups of hot chocolate. It ranks as one of our most memorable excursions EVER!!!!