• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

On March 25, I had some serious health issuess while on a sailboat off the Miami coast. There are numerous articles about it - just google - Carnival Breeze Rescue. The articles have a few errors. One, It was my friend Charlie and I on the boat. I was in pretty serious trouble and he was exhausted from trying to help me and single hand the vessel. It all ended ok and I am now safelly ensconced in in my new home in Samana, Dominican Republic. If you take a cruise that stops in our beautiful bay, let me know!

The most important thing I want to correct about the articles is that I know, from listenting to the radio chat, while waiting for help, that the Captain of Breeze upon hearing the distress calls, called the coast Guard and OFFERED his assistance. Breeze was soon on the scene and we where transferred to the ship by the Coast Guard. We received the finest care and tended to a if as if we were royalty. I had two doctors and I think about five nurses. Soon after being evaluated by the doctors I was airlifted by the Coast Guard helicopter. The plucked me from the top of the ship in a basket on a cable (whew)/ They took me to Jackson Memorial where I was cared for and released a few days later.

Yes I love Carnival Cruises. My first was from Tampa to the Caribbean for 7 days. The second was 5 hours on the Breeze. I will be back and enter through the front door!

Thank you Captain and crew.

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to CruiseCrazies! So glad Carnival was able to help you. With all the bad news about them lately is good to hear your story. We hope you have fully recovered from your ordeal.

Our next cruise in on a Carnival ship.

Wow, Dave, what an experience. So very glad that it ended well . It's great to hear good news and something positive about Carnival. Thanks for posting your experience. Congratulations on your new home and welcome to CruiseCrazies. It's great to have you as a member and we hope to see you posting often in the forums.

• 2 months later...

It is so comforting to know that Carnival took such great care of you! I'm happy to know that if something were to happen to me or anybody on the ship for that matter that we would be taken care of!

• 7 months later...

Hi Dave...just saw this article. That's so great that Carnival took good care of you. So glad you are ok. Enjoy Samana, DR. I was there on my very first cruise back in 1979. Remember it was really beautiful there.