• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What is the best part of a cruise for you?

Rate this topic

Eph60

What is the best part of a cruise for you?

For me it is always the same thing and that is meeting new people. It was the same for me when I worked as a crew member. It is the same for me regardless of what ship I am on and what cruise line I am sailing with. I have made many new friends from all over the world. I have learned about many different cultures and has changed the way I think about a few things. So the thing I look forward to on every cruise is meeting new people.

I will also admit I have met people I am glad I will never see again and I am sure some feel the same about me, but the majority of the time the people I meet are great.

I have three cruises coming up on a cruise line I have never been on to a place I love but I am still looking more forward to meeting some more new friends.

I agree with the OP -- I love the social aspect of cruising and getting to meet new friends onboard. It's like summer camp for grownups. :-)

Along those lines, I also love how varied and custom your vacation can be on a cruise. You can do every activity listed, you can lie there like a slug in a lounge chair by the pool, you can do everything or nothing or some of both -- all in the same day if you like. Love it!! :biggrin:

-gina-

Seeing the ship and waiting for it to set sail... Standing on deck watching the anchors being hoisted, as the ship pulls away from the dock... the excitement of the engines coming to life and knowing when you wake up the next day, you will be somewhere exotic and wonderful... It gives me chills every time!!!

Seeing the ship and waiting for it to set sail... Standing on deck watching the anchors being hoisted, as the ship pulls away from the dock... the excitement of the engines coming to life and knowing when you wake up the next day, you will be somewhere exotic and wonderful... It gives me chills every time!!!

I get chills just reading this. Thanks!