• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Jewel of the Seas - May 2, 2013 JUST BOOKED!!!

Rate this topic

With our 23rd anniversary approaching on May 6, and with all the stress we have been through over the last 3 years since our cruise on the Carnival Dream and no vacations since, I felt we deserved this. It was a spontaneous booking I'll admit but got a great last minute deal on an Deluxe Balcony cabin on deck 7. My cruise agent is planning an anniversary package for us. Guess we'll be cruising twice this year :thumbup:

Thanks Jan. We most definitely need this. Our last cruise in 2010 was on the Carnival Dream with my brother (who had sailed with us on just about every cruise we had done since 1990). He passed away that following December. Then we lost the house in Deltona so we had to move. When we moved, Chrissy had a job but I didn't. Then her mom passed away this past December. Now, I'm working but she was let go. Were wipped. For the past 3 or so years we didn't celebrate ANY birthdays or holidays due to financial constraints. I felt it was time for US!! Jewel got great write ups. I'll be posting a review when we return.

Wow, Tim - what a run of terrible misfortune. It is far past time you celebrate something good. So go on that anniversary cruise, forget about all that bad stuff and have a great cruise. Hopefully, you've turned a corner and can start over new. :smile:

Congrats all around - anniversary, cruise at the last minute, and positive things to come.

Not sure if this will help you, but it does help us. When we cruise without our best friends, we always include them in our conversations when there is something that we know they would love, they would laugh along with us, etc., etc. Yes, we also feel the "loss" of them not travelling with us. But we sure have had many desserts "on them".

Can't wait to read your review.

Tim sounds like we may have a mini Group cruise. Howie and I have a hold on a cabin and we will decide later today if its a go. I'm pretty sure it will be. We love the Jewel and are thrilled to sail on her one more time.

OMG!!! That would be AWESOME!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Rose, When was the last time you sailed Jewel?? I have been trying to find out about the onboard WiFi connection but the last post about it was from 2010. The posts I read state the WiFi is poor at best and you have to traverse the ship to find a good WiFi signal :sad2: Keep me updated. Hope you join us on the Jewel in 2 weeks :thumbup:

Tim we were on her in November. I don't generally use the internet on short trips. I do know they changed the satellites last yearand that was supposed to improve speed. The Freedom had it done as well and I didn't find it faster.

You can pretty much count on us going. My last stumbling block was just removed. I just need to double check with Howie.

That is AWESOME Rose!!!!! Nothing better than sailing with someone that's been on a ship I've never been on before. Now I'm REALLY pumped!!!! :laugh: I'll PM you so we won't inundate this thread.