• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Navigator of the Seas to Sail from Galveston

Rate this topic

Jason

Royal Caribbean International announced today that it is basing 3,114-guest Navigator of the Seas year-round from the Texas port city of Galveston. The Voyager-class ship that first introduced ice skating at sea will sail seven-night western Caribbean itineraries after emerging from an extensive drydock revitalization in February 2014

During her drydock, signature Royal Caribbean features, such as the FlowRider surf simulator and dining venues like Giovanni’s Table, Park Café and Izumi Asian Cuisine will be added.

At the same time, new features such as Virtual Balconies for select interior staterooms, new panoramic oceanview staterooms – featuring full-length, floor-to-ceiling windows and unique new dining and entertainment concepts will be introduced to surprise and delight guests.

“We are thrilled to be homeporting Navigator of the Seas, with her new enhancements and first at-sea amenities year-round in Galveston,” said Lisa Bauer, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “As part of our commitment to delivering the most innovative and contemporary vacation experiences to guests, the iconic FlowRider, as well as the new Virtual Balconies, will be among a new range of amenities being introduced aboard the Voyager class of ships – making every ship our best ship. These exciting and unmatched onboard amenities on Navigator of the Seas, offer adventurous family vacationers many opportunities to be WOW’ed in ways that only Royal Caribbean can deliver.”

As part of an extensive program to enhance very ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Navigator of the Seas also will receive many of the most popular and innovative concepts and amenities that were introduced aboard the world-acclaimed and revolutionary Oasis-class ships.

Source: Cruise Industry News

For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

http://www.cruisecrazies.com

Click here to view the article

I had been hearing rumors about this for a while, and am SO excited that it is now a reality. :thumbup: This is going to be such a great thing for the island I love so much, and such a fantastic plus for all the people who can only sail during the summer and who love the RCI experience.

I feel a rant about the short-sighted-ness of Disney Cruise Line in regards to Galveston coming on... LOL

-gina-

I've always wanted to visit Galveston - maybe this will get me there!

Oh you should, Jan! Galveston is such a wonderful island... SO much history, amazing architecture, tons to do and see. Just an incredible place, and I can never get enough -- even being there a few times a month. One day I'll live there. :-)

-gina-