• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for MAY 2013

Rate this topic

WEDNESDAY - MAY 1st, 2013

Good morning Crazies and welcome to May. All you lurkers out there stop by and say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself. We are a fun group.

I'll check back later in the day - lots of things to do this morning including getting the grandkids off to school.

Make today special

Good morning Crazies. Sleep wasn't meant to be this morning. One more sleep and we're outta here! I can say even Howie is looking forward to getting out of here.

Need more coffee. Have a great day all.

Kind of a good news - bad news morning here. I left home at 6:45 armed with my to-do lists and the intention of being home by 11AM. I pulled into the driveway at 10:58 so I made my deadline. Of course the bad news is the last 2 stops on my list didn't get done so they will go on the top of the list for tomorrow.

Good morning and happy May Day! Is anyone having May breakfast this morning? I picked up a ham egg & cheese on English at DD, if that counts.

Made my final cruise payment today - just 86 days to go! Also reserved our Alcateaz night tour tix.

Mary Lou - A big warm welcome to your new nephew Peter! Must be all the music performances delivering these babies earlier than expected-LOL.

Tim & Melonie - Welcome back from your week in the sun. Glad you had a great time!

Andi - Sorry to hear about your hubby needing surgery on his foot. One of my big fears is that I will need repeat surgery on my double ankle fracture 7 years ago. They said my previous surgery and hardware have about a 10 year shelf life before I "may" begin experiencing problems.

Jackie - glad to see you're on your feet, out and about - but please take it slow and don't overdo it.

Baby Alex is doing just fine! He had his first doctor visit yesterday and gained a whole ounce back of the 9 he lost in the hospital - woohoo! He eats all the time and only wants his mommy. Daddy is exhausted from cooking, cleaning, shopping & laundry. No fear - Gramma Jan will step in on Friday to give them a break!

Time for lunch - have a good day!

Happy May Crazies! We are having a true May day here in Chicagoland: 83 degrees and sunny with very little wind. Of course the bottom is going to fall out starting tonight....but I have at least a few more hours to enjoy the beautiful weather. Headed up to Woodstock (about 1.5 hours north) in a few minutes so wanted to get in a quick post.

Jan - Hubby's foot hardware has lasted 16 years but now is a huge problem. The screws are working their way out and about to "crack" the surface. They intertwine with the tendons and ligaments and cause all kinds of havoc. I always knew he had screws loose and now I have been proven correct, LOL! :laugh: So they will take out all the plates and screws and see how it does. If too much arthritis has built up and if the holes don't heal well then they will have to go back in. So I hope yours last a bit longer! Have great fun with Alex this weekend - you will be exhausted but continually smiling! :wub:

Rose - Happy Cruising - have a wonderful time!

Kevin - I am so sooo sorry! :ohmy:

Mary Lou - Sorry you didn't get everything done.......but........you were on time!

Have a great day/night everyone!

Hi Everyone...finally got back on...don't know what's happening here, but I can get on sometimes, and then it won't even let me move to another forum on here. I will click on it, and it will just lock up. Sometimes when I click on CC on my favorites to get on here it will start up, and then just go back to MSN...strange! Well...we had a couple of beautiful Spring days...at least we had a taste of Spring...we are in a "Winter Storm Warning" for tonight and tomorrow...not sure what the Twin Cities area will get... we may get a few inches of snow. This is the strangest Spring I can ever remember.

Jan...so glad that all went well for Kristin's delivery. It sure did sound like it went fast. Little Alexander is so cute...You will look forward to those Fridays! Question: what does ham and eggs and cheese on English at DD mean?

Kevin...so sorry...beautiful picture, but at this time of the year I know we would rather see green grass and flowers...we may get snow tonight, too.

Andi...Hope all goes well with the home repairs, and with your computer...yes...love the new save feature...it has brought my post back more than once now. Hope all goes well with the guaranteed room. So sorry your husband will need surgery. Now I'm thinking of Marc and wondering how his foot/ankle will hold up. Glad you had a nice day today...hope the weather doesn't get too bad there.

Mary Lou...Congratulations on your new grand nephew, Peter! So glad baby and mom are doing well. That is so great that you have a cruise to Bermuda coming this May...something to look forward to after a long winter. Question...what's a Florida room?

Ray...thanks for the computer advice...I asked Marc, and we may have some old anti-virus software on here plus the new we put in...he says he will check it out when he's not so busy. He did just put in a new modem which comcast has recommended so at least things are going faster on most of my sites. Sorry about your Nats. Have fun getting ready for your cruise.

Rose...Bon Voyage! Have a great cruise!

Tim...Welcome back! So glad you and Melonie had a great cruise. I have had one mini-suite in all of our days of cruising...we did enjoy it...never had a butler, though...we would probably not know how to use his help either.

Jackie...so sorry you are in pain. Hope the doctor can help you. Hope you feel better real soon. Rest up...and don't overdo! Hugs!

Well...it's s gloomy day today...at a high of 40 now, we should get colder, into the 30s...how quickly Spring came and went here...LOL We should start warming up again by Monday...possibly in the 60s...Yea!

Have a great day, Cruise Crazies!

Jan... Question: what does ham and eggs and cheese on English at DD mean?

Shari - DD is Dunkin Donuts ... ham, egg and cheese on an English muffin! My breakfast sandwich of choice when I treat myself. :smile: