• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CCL Loyalty Program: Very Important Fun Person VIFP

Rate this topic

Carnival Cruise Lines

Very Important Fun Person VIFP

{As of: 25/June/2012}

Diamond # Points ≥ 200 VIFP Points

Platinum # 75 — 199 VIFP Points

Gold #25 — 74 VIFP Points

Red: Second Sailing — 24 VIFP Points

Blue: First Sailing

1 Day @ Sea = 1 VIFP Point

Swath, you've done alot of research on this. Who do you think has the best Loyalty program?

Yes I Have Poked Around On The Websites of Several Lines

Swath, you've done alot of research on this. Who do you think has the best Loyalty program?

Well In My Opinion:

Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society 1st

Norwegian Cruise Line's Latitudes Rewards 2nd

Celebrity =X= Cruises Captain's Club 3rd

Holland America Line's Mariner Society 4th

Edited by Swath

We are platinum with Carnival and love the perks. You get this honor after completing your 10th cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197330

Q: I have already sailed with Carnival before, and previously received a color-coded Sail and Sign card. Will I be “grandfathered” into that group in this new VIFP Club?

A: Guests who have sailed with Carnival on more than 10 cruises will be automatically included in the Platinum level of the VIFP Club. Additionally, some guests who previously received Platinum cards will now advance to the VIFP Club’s Diamond level. All guests who have sailed with Carnival fewer than 10 times will be placed in the level that corresponds with their VIFP Points (i.e., cruise days). Guests with fewer than 25 VIFP Points will be placed in the new Red level. Those who have earned 25-74 VIFP Points will be in placed in the Gold level. Some exceptions apply; please see below.

Q: I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A: We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program. Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules. And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Edited by Swath