• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Princess Sailing out of NYC Fall 2014

Rate this topic

Jan115

From Facebook today:

Add Princess Cruises to the list of lines sending a hot new ship to New York City. The soon-to-debut Royal Princess will cruise out of the Big Apple in the fall of 2014. Read more: http://usat.ly/16kRJwa

I am SO excited to see more and more options from a northeast port, especially NY. It's not as close as Boston for me, but still within a 4-hour drive.

Maybe I won't have to move to Florida after all!!

• 3 months later...

I will be on the Royal this fall sailing from Venice to Florida. I can't wait. With many negative reviews I now realize most negative reviews were from those that had not been on the ship. The best reviews are from those that have sailed on the Royal. From the pictures I think the ship is stunning.. I will write a honest review after my sailing.

I'm jealous of both Jan and Bernadette!

Gene Sloan, a gentleman I've had the pleasure of knowing for a number of years and trust completely, visited the ship before her first voyage and had wonderful things to say about the vessel!

I'm sure you both will have a brilliant time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed the Royal Princess last month and it really is a great ship. The Atrium and theatre are awesome and the sea walk is fantastic. Horizon court has changed compared to other Princess ships, it looks great, but is not solo cruiser friendly like on the other ships though. I'm used to join tables for breakfast and lunch, just go over and ask if a chair is available. Because of the new lay out and furniture it's not inviting to ask people to join. Fortunately there is any time dining to make up for it. My next cruise will be on Caribbean Princess and as this is a sister of the Crown, I know I will love that ship and Horizon court.

• So glad to hear how beautiful the Royal is. I will be boarding her this year and can't wait. After being booked on her for over a year and a half, the wait is almost over. But I totally agree that Princess needs to improve for the singles, like having singles cabins. I know many people who cruise single and would love some single cabins. BTW about dinner as a single, many times I will be at a table during anytime dinning and we will have a single person at the table. I have never heard of a single person having problems getting a group table.

I know you are going to have a great time on that ship Timetravler. Enjoy your trip and please let us no your experiences. And no I've never had problems finding a group table for dinner. I didn't have problems on the Royal either. But for breakfast and lunch I go to Horizon court to meet other people and on the Royal that is a little harder, that's all. That doesn't stop me to talk to people though :-).