• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for JUNE 2013

Rate this topic

SATURDAY - JUNE 1, 2013

Good morning Crazies and welcome to the June daily dock. For all you new Crazies, this is where we gather to chat about just nearly everything we encounter in our daily lives - the good - the bad and everything in between. Stop by and say hello and give us a chance to get to know you. Some great friendships have been made here.

We are going to a graduation party this afternoon. It should be a great day for a party. Tomorrow Hector & Maureen are coming up for a BBQ which might get rained out later in the day but we will just move it indoors. So we have a busy weekend ahead.

I spent the afternoon yesterday fighting for computer time with the grandkids. What genius decided that 2nd graders (even younger) need to know how to use a computer. I was way way older that that. :laugh: We will have to initiate computer time rules for the summer.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be careful of the weather. Prayers heading out to those in the tornado area as well as the fires in Texas

Make today special

Good morning Crazies. Wow June already! Headache has passd so back to planning and catching up with chores.

Ray I found an app called file manager that seems easy enough and stores my docs for Alaska pretty easily. Yes Apple needs a better search engine or something. It's hunt and peck for apps until you find one you like. This was my 7th or 8th try.

Andi sports will be such fun, wow they do start early by you at 3. Enjoy

Jan isn't being a grandma great?

MaryLou enjoy the party and your BBQ with Hector and Maureen. Tell them hi from Howie and I.

Some heat wave going on as we'll as the fires and tornados, been a crazy weather week. Be safe all. Time to get moving. Have a great day.

Good Morning, Crazies!

Here on the (hot) Shore all the kids are now out of school. My year-end recital is tomorrow and for once I'm ready way ahead of time. This year it has been really strange, because over the past two weeks I have heard from seven parents who want lessons for their kids; in past years there have been no inquiries at all, so something that I don't know about must be going on (well, I know that Anastasiya has been playing at school, so that may be an unexpected advertisement for my teaching). Anyway, I've just told the parents who have called to come to the recital and hear what the students are playing and ask other parents how they feel about my lessons. Since I'm losing my graduating senior (who is going off to college as a music major) and I didn't have a full schedule to begin with, I will have plenty of room to add up to eight new students.

Today I have a pretty full performance day - after one lesson at 12:30, I play at 1:45, 3:15, 4:30 and 7:00 tonight, making a circuit from here to Annapolis, then Bowie and Columbia. I'll get back home at about 10:00 tonight. I probably won't post again until after the recital is over, because I have a pretty full schedule tomorrow as well, with three gigs to play in Easton before the recital begins.

Andi, when you put a recording studio together you have to mix live audio with synthesizers' digital output and computer-generated instruments. The final format is digital audio. Basically, the music runs through the synthesizers, microphones and computer like milk through a tuba. :laugh:

MaryLou, you're right about parceling out computer time; these kids are used to being online eight or more hours a day. Me, I can remember the family gathering together (strange word!) in front of the console radio - remember the old kind with the "green eye" tuning dial? - to listen to a single broadcast of the old sitcom programs like "Fibber McGee and Molly" or "The Great Gildersleeve". The times they are a-changin'..... :blink:

Rose, that app sounds like a good way to get started. If you can save your data to the cloud (or email it to yourself), that will provide good protection against data loss in case the iPad gets dropped or gets run over by a truck carrying a beverage that you have consumed faithfully for decades... :ohmy:

OK, now I gotta get some coffee started... Jim, where are you?

Have A Great Day, Crazies!

Good morning, Crazies!

June is starting off with deep summer temps in the high 90's. At my Friday visit with Alex, we took him for a walk around the neighborhood. He was all comfy and sleeper peacefully in his shaded Cadillac of a stroller, while his mom and I needed a shower by the time we got back.

I agree, MaryLou and Ray - I've seen it with my younger two, especially since they are big on line gamers. They actually schedule online gameplays. Preschoolers are spending too much time wired up. Ray, I don't remember the radio era, but I do remember the family gathered around the single old B&W with the rabbit ears watching Ed Sullivan and Little Joe and the boys on Bonanza on Sunday nights. Nowadays, there is a TV and computer in every room and a digital device in every hand. Times ... they are a changin'!

Rose - I don't know about file manager, but Dropbox is a blessing for me. Whether I am on the iMac, iPad or iPhone (yup, a device in every hand-LOL!), I can save any doc or PDF to Dropbox and access it anywhere. Download it at the App Store. You can also store PDFs right onto your iBooks app. Very helpful for those cruise E-brochures! Also, try Evernote. It works a little like your "notes" but much better - and much prettier and organized.

Time to get the day started.

Good Saturday to you!

Another nice quiet weekend for us.

MaryLou - sounds like you guys need WiFi, laptops and iPads then you can all be on at the same time.

Steve - still praying for you. Please keep checking in here with us.

Everyone else - hope you are all having a great weekend, doing what you like best!!!

Gosh I missed my 7 year anniversary here at CruiseCrazies - two days ago!!! Made some wonderful friends in that time ... I sure do appreciate you all.

Gosh I missed my 7 year anniversary here at CruiseCrazies - two days ago!!! Made some wonderful friends in that time ... I sure do appreciate you all.

Happy Anniversary Jackie! Did you get a 7 year itch play the field with other cruise websites??

Hello Crazies!

Welcome June!

We just had foam insulation installed in our full attic and the outside joists in the basement. We're already seeing a difference in the house. We have to drywall upstairs and I have to paint....which I love to do anyway. I am planning on making part of it a little work space just for me - for my keyboard and flute....and to have a space to organize old (extended) family photos. I'm looking forward to getting back into my music. Right now, the keyboard is in the finished part of the basement where Evin monopolizes the area......and it's collecting dust...LOL...

We have been watching the weather lately. TWC is on almost all the time. We're in the "severe weather" bubble again today. We shall see what happens. My heart goes out to those poor people in OK. Haven't they had enough?

Have a good evening all.