• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have you ever missed doing or seeing something on a cruise you later regretted?

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

We certainly did. Years ago we took a cruise to the Panama Canal on the old Zenith. We had a ship excursion booked for the dome train to the Pacific side and back, however it was canceled because not enough folks signed up. Instead we went on an excursion thru a rain forest and we had to wait while one of the passengers lay flat on the ground to film a colony of ants crossing our path. I controlled my urge to go up to the front of the line and stomp on them! :laugh:

This may be a bit of a side-bar to the question but there are many things I have missed in the past. There are also some things I have done in the past that I can no longer do. Many of these things over the years have come as a monetary constraint and some due to health issues. For instance, I used to always LOVE the free Bridge Tours the ships used to offer. After 9/11, those tours were completely cancelled yet are now beginning to re-emerge on some vessels. The problem is that the lines now CHARGE for the bridge tours (as much as an additional $150 pp). That would be $300 for my wife and I to go on the tour but we would rather use that money towards other things on the cruise. Other things we used to do such as snorkeling and walking excursions we can't anymore primarily do to health. But, we never feel disappointed when we return from our cruises!! :biggrin:

I remember the first time we were in Cabo San Lucas (in port for less than 5 hours) and we all commented as to how we had to come back and do such and such. Fast forward: We have been back to Cabo a number of times (too many to count) and for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was that we didn't get to do or see that we talked about back in the 90's.

One of the reasons we "repeat" port visits is because there is so much to take in. Gotta love the opportunity to visit these exotic places.

Maybe momentary disappointment at missing out on something but never really any regrets. Probably because we don’t really believe in the “once in a lifetime” experience (aside from the obvious, like Halley’s Comet :smile:). If there’s a destination or ship where we feel like we didn’t get to experience everything we’ll certainly make it a point to pay a return visit!