• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Alaska by way of Seattle

Rate this topic

dmoten

I have been looking forward to this cruise for over a year, and it is finally here. I leave bright and early for Seattle tomorrow, and my cruise on Carnival Miracle leaves on Tuesday. The photos I have seen and the stories I have heard have me more excited to experience this part of the world on my own. I will definitely post a review when I return.

Have a great time in Alaska, Dee. Friends of mine just returned from a cruise through the inside passage and had great weather, and I wish the same for you. I look forward to your review of the ports because it'll be our turn six weeks from today! :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I got out of Atlanta before the weather became atrocious. There are some ladies in the group that were not so lucky.they are supposed to get in today. I did a City Tour of Seattle and it was quite informative. There is a lot of history here, and it was beautiful all day - no rain and you could see the mountains. Only 75 degrees which was a cold snap since I left temps of 95 with a heat index of 105. -Dee

Edited by dmoten

Alaska was absolutely beautiful. We had great weather. You are right Amy, the pictures are beautiful but nothing like seeing them for yourself. I was able to get on the caboose of the White PassTrain and OMG it was breathtaking. I would highly recommend that excursion. I am still in Seattle until tomorrow. I should have the review up before the week is out. It was truly a trip of a lifetime, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have to figure out my next cruise now. :)