• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When will cruise lines release their 2015 pricing?

Rate this topic

Sarge6870

Chrissy and I are planning a W. Med cruise in 2015 for our 25th anniversary. My CA tells me that there are no dates for any of the lines for 2015 yet and should be released by the end of this summer. I have been getting some REALLY great offers going to ports we would like to visit but the dates only go to the October/November 2014 timeframe. When can I expect the 2015 dates to be released? It's killin' me!!! :blink:

I think that what gets me the most Kev is when I view my CA's site, open a W. Med. cruise....it gives me an option to "See All Dates" and opens a new page indicating " June 2013 - November 2015" sailings yet 2015 is grayed out!! What I want to do is book as soon as possible so we can get a suite and pay it off over time. :mellow:

April/May is the time many lines open the schedule and pricing. There are even some of their 2014 scheds not out yet, for some lines. And they are reducing the number of ships in the Med due to lack of demand by Europeans still dealing with the economy, so it slows down the publication while they work out the changes in plans.

John, I thought that there was an article awhile back (this year) that indicated an increase in Med itineraries. Have things changed that quickly, or is it just certain lines that are increasing their focus on the Med, while overall travel is down?

Those articles are both 2 months old. And the source of the first report is an Italian news service, not a cruise line, or CLIA or anything. The cruise line planners keep stirring the pot based on revenue projections. If they are not keeping up with revenue projections on various itineraries, they reduce the number of ships on those itineraries, or here in the US, they discontinue homeporting there.