• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Your favorite Caribbean port activity?

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

Please vote your choice and add your comments  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Caribbean port activity?

• Sightseeing
    • Beach and/or snorkel including swimming with dolphins, etc
    • Shopping
    • Bar hopping, including dining
    • Sports activities, golf, fishing, etc
    • Other - please explain

• 4 weeks later...

We do all of those things – how can we pick just one?! Different ports are best for different activities and we don’t really want to do the same thing every day of our vacation. That’s one of the reasons we love cruising so much – we get to experience the best activities in the best ports with nearly endless variety!

For the poll we’re going with beach time – definitely the can’t-miss activity of the Caribbean! :thumbup:

I picked "beach, swimming with dolphins, etc." with a few exceptions. I prefer swimming and snorkeling at the beach. My husband likes to swim - but prefer's a pool. I love dolphins, but you won't find me swimming with them - only observing them in their natural environment. My plan on my next Caribbean cruise is to do a one of the resort beach days. He can swim in the pool, I'll be on the beach, and we'll both be happy. :smile: We also like to visit historic sites (forts, castles, etc.), so do experience those on a Caribbean cruise, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, our favorite activity has been the America's Cup Regatta in Cozumel ... It was so much fun... We have a 25' Catalina Sailboat and sailing the big boat was a thrill beyond words and being able to sail actual America's Cup competition boat was a dream come true... I will book this activity again when in Cozumel...

So far, our favorite activity has been the America's Cup Regatta in Cozumel ... It was so much fun... We have a 25' Catalina Sailboat and sailing the big boat was a thrill beyond words and being able to sail actual America's Cup competition boat was a dream come true... I will book this activity again when in Cozumel...

That does sound like a lot of fun.

We're beach bums. We LOVE white sand a pale blue water!

We've done most of the shore side excursions we're interested in and hangin' out at the beach just puts a big smile on my face... Public Beach at Grand Cayman... Nachi Cocom at Coz... Doctor's Cave in MoBay... LOVE hangin' out at Jack's Shack at Grand Turk... Megan's Bay at St Thomas and the list goes on and on...

I guess the bottom line for us is don't take us away from the sea when we're on a cruise!!!

:biggrin:

Site seeing and taking photos, but is closely followed by shopping for unique native items. I certainly don't go on any trips to look for jewelry, unless it's meant for a gift.

We don’t go looking for jewelry either, but sometimes it just seems to find us… :laugh: