• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Any Experience with S-Class Partial Obstructed Balconies?

Rate this topic

Jan115

Celebrity came out with a promotion for an inside to balcony upgrade. Of course, the upgrade is for the lowest category balconies - the 2D (obstructed) and 2C (partial obstruction) on Deck 6. I can save nearly $2,000 on my cruise if I downgrade from my category 1A to 2C on my Reflection cruise next summer. I've spent many waking hours researching the deck, exploring reviews and photos, trying to find the best cabin with the least obstruction. I've settled on 6240, on the angle, with a partial obstruction.

Has anyone here booked one of these obstructed balcony cabins on Deck 6 of the Solstice class ships? Tell me what you thought.

It's a huge savings, and considering we still need to pay for air, we can live with the partial obstruction.

Did a little research for ya Jan and found this quote from cruisedeckplans.com......

"All category 2D cabins have obstructed view when looking down to the water and slightly obstructed horizon view. Category 2C has unobstructed horizon view but obstructed views when looking down to the water. "

Seems your only, partial obstruction will be when looking straight down at the water. Hope this helps!! The picture below is from cabin 6222 which is on your deck but forward of you. As you can see, it looks like your obstruction will be of the tops of the lifeboats yet not bad at all. You should be OK :wink2:

stateroom6222%20%285%29_500.jpg