• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Carnival Freedom with the band

Rate this topic

Janos

What a great way for a band to tour! I know many musicians and music teachers - including my husband - who have played in a variety of community bands. I wish I could them all on a cruise ship! By the way, I would have loved to see all you guys performing as the three bears - must have been hysterical!

I meant to add more to my review above: Our 3rd stop was Ocho Rios Jamaica, but due to a tropical storm, the captain took the ship to Cozumel instead. We were informed of this the day before our arrival. There were many shore excursions to peruse, and finally decided on a deluxe Playa Mia resort and beach excursion.

The ride there from the port was about 10 minutes. This package included the transportation, buffet, and open bar. Once there, I realized I had been there a few years ago. To my wonderful surprise, there was a freshwater pool, rather large in size and I spent the majority of my time there as I enjoy swimming in a pool more than in an ocean. The bar drinks were fairly standard. They didn't have any bourbon, but I managed a margarita, pina colada, brandy alexander, tequila sunrise. The buffet was served under a huge tented area with plenty of seating. The food was kept well stocked. Also noted was an adult pool under construction but not available yet.

ON the last sea day, there was a reception for past members. Appetizers were served, and at 1st, a punch, and an alcoholic drink were served. Then it seemed another different drink was available. My wife ordered an old fashion which was served as well.

Disembarkation: We did not do the self disembarkation. They did want us out of the cabins by around 8:30am. We waited for our number to be called while waiting in the large show area.

We took a cab to the Ft.Lauderdale airport. Cost was $22.00 no including a tip.