• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Quick Getaway

Rate this topic

RayColey

Thanks for the review, Ray. I wonder if the newer ships have more open and lighter spaces....I go back and forth about trying Carnival. The pricing certainly is compelling....

Andi, I was thinking about the "pricing" issue on my drive in today. RCL offers the same cruise itinerary that Carnival offers out of Ft Lauderdale to the Caribbean. RCL prices are sometimes 3 times that of Carnival. While I would love to experience the Allure or Oasis, I have to consider the cost.

So I look at it like booking a hotel. I sleep and shower in the room. Pretty much everything else is same-same.

Is the "hotel" clean?

Are the bathrooms clean?

Is the food good?

I guess the older I get and the more I cruise, I'm stingy about my money because I want to be able to continue doing this. I say, give Carnival a try. Seek out one of their newer ships, but select an itinerary that you really want to travel to.

Thanks for the great review, Ray...so glad you and Yuki had a good cruise. I do understand what you mean about it not being your ideal cruise. Same with us, although, we do have fun on the "fun ships." The older ships do have a darker and sometimes neon look to them. I did like the Carnival Liberty...it was different than the older designs...and I hear the new "Breeze" is nicer, also...I will see in a couple of months.

Forgot to say...the muster drill thing did surprise me...I would think that after Carnival's recent troubles they would be very strict with this...but I do know that some of the people also don't take these drills seriously. I remember when we were on the "Holiday" back in 1984...people were talking and partying through the whole drill and, one guy had his girl on his shoulders and playing around, no one seemed to be paying attention to the drill...not good. That was not a good cruise back then, but after our last Carnival cruise I do think they have improved since back in the '80s.