• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Quick Getaway

Rate this topic

RayColey

Nice review – thanks for sharing! Carnival was definitely long overdue to update their décor. They had the same person do all of their interior design for years (decades?) and every ship felt a lot like old Las Vegas until very recently. We’ve always enjoyed the crew and the food quality aboard Carnival – and we always have lots of fun – but we mostly sail them for quick getaways from close-to-home ports…

Very well done, straight forward, honest review. Thank you.

I've not sailed on the Imagination but I have sailed on several other ships of the same class, Fantasy. I've sailed on the Fantasy, Inspiration, Elation and Ecstasy and your observation regarding the low ceilings in the buffet area are spot on and has always been an observation of mine, as well. That being said I simply write that negative off as there's little to nothing than can be done now to change it. I booked the ship, I knew what I was getting so, for me, it's not an issue. I certainly can understand how it would adversely effect someone new to the class of ships.

Concerning the muster drill (now called 'safety briefing' by Carnival) the cabin stewards are required to ensure that all of the cabins in their charge are clear prior to the beginning of the exercise. Of course, that doesn't ensure that the guest might not be hiding somewhere else.

On a recent Carnival cruise the crewmember in charge of our muster station refused to start the briefing until two rather unruly, somewhat intoxicated, guests became attentive. Security actually came to the station and threatened to have them removed from the ship if they continued their antics.

I'm not surprised in the least regarding your observations of the crew. I've never seen a crew member on a Carnival ship who was less than gracious and attentive.

As was mentioned in one of the previous comments, consider giving one of the newer ships a shot. I think you'd be very pleasantly surprised.

Thanks again!

Mach

PS... is that an XJ120 in your avatar photo??l

• 2 weeks later...