• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Blog: When Ship Happens

Rate this topic

Jason

Announcing our newest Cruise Blog, cleverly titled "When Ship Happens," by Marci Hunt aka Huntm. She'll be posting updates to her blog regularly, with her introductory blog post - "How It All Started" - already LIVE! She has quite the story about how her first cruise came about, it's a must read.

Here's some background information Marci has shared about herself, her cruising history, along with what you can expect within her fun blog updates. Please join me in welcoming Marci and be sure to check out her opening blog post!

My name is Marci Hunt and I was officially bitten by the cruise bug in 2005. My cruising buddies are my husband of 13 years, our son who will soon be 11 and my mom. We have only cruised on Carnival and our favorite way to go is in adjoining balcony cabins. I would not say we are necessarily “brand loyal”, but at this stage in our life regarding location and price… it fits the best. We typically cruise out of Galveston, but have ventured out to Miami once and will be hitting up NOLA soon.

I never thought of myself as a writer and loathed all writing assignments in high school and college. Funny stuff always seems to happen to us so back in the Myspace days I started writing them down… and I found people started reading them. The blogging was short lived when Myspace became “uncool” and half the world moved over to the Facebook population which left me without a blog space. A couple of years ago, while on a cruise, we kept running into people who would say “I wish I had known that!” So the thought of blogging crept back into my head.

I typically blog a couple of times a month and strive to not only recount our funny adventures, but provide some useful information as well. I asked my family to choose one word to describe me and the general consensus was “sassy”. Not sure if that was necessarily a compliment, but I am going to go with itanyway! I look forward to meeting all you and hopefully add a little laughter to your cruise reading.

Marci's Cruise Blog: When Ship Happens

Introductory Post: "How It All Started"