• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Boarding a Cruise Ship with Ease

Rate this topic

Jason

We board early as well. We check in as much as we can and take 1 beach bag onboard with us with the necessaries (like a set of swim clothes) since we can't get into our cabin until 1 or 1:30pm. Being early also gives us a chance to tour the ship and so I can scope out the adult beverage areas and we can see what's where :rolleyes2:

I enjoy boarding early so my vacation can officially begin and it gives me a chance to get a feel for the ship. I like to walk around and see where things are located. I like to know different ways to get to my cabin and which way is the closest to the elevators, stairs, etc.

I've got to agree with both of you! The earlier I'm on board the earlier my cruise begins even if we're not underway!

I love a chance to get familiar with the ship before muster drill and get to know the venues I consider important.

Sarge, I wish I could get away with a beach bag but I have a bit more stuff that I have to drag along so I'm stuck with extra carry on junk.

Sarge, I wish I could get away with a beach bag but I have a bit more stuff that I have to drag along so I'm stuck with extra carry on junk.

We've been lucky Mach (don't want to jinx it though) in that our luggage usually makes it to the cabin soon after we get access to the cabin. Sometimes, when we are able to get in to the cabin, the luggage was already waiting at the door or in the hallway. Guess that could be an advantage to boarding early too. Kinda like first come, first served!! Most of the time, even though we bring swim suits in the carry-on, we never get to use them. With going to the buffet, having a couple DOD's and touring the ship, that usually eats up most of the time waiting for the cabin access.