• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Vacation Habits: Do you sleep in or still get up at the same time?

Rate this topic

We both cruise on the Monday-Friday home schedule. David gets up at 5:00 am goes out for a walk, gets coffee and goes to the gym, takes a shower and goes to get breakfast. I move much slower. I wake up about an hour later and hang around in my Jammie's, order breakfast in the room and spend time on the balcony (if I have one), read, write in my journal, take a shower and I'm ready to go by 9:00. Less Jammie time if we have an excursion, though! At least once or twice I'll make an attempt to join him at the buffet. :)

Staying up late requires a power nap in the afternoon!

Trenton and I wake up early, spend time together on the balcony then go get breakfast, tour the ship, play mini golf, hit the arcade... Then somewhere around 10 or so hubby will roll out of bed and we do it all over again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/'>now Free

At home my schedule varies so I get up anywhere between 4:15am and 7am. On a cruise, I'm an early riser (usually around 5am or so). I'm usually up waaay before Chrissy (and probably before most birds). I take my shower, get dressed, grab the walkie-talkie and head up on deck for coffee and danishes and to take in the ship and ocean air before the ship comes to life. When Chrissy calls me, I go back to the cabin for room service on the balcony. Then, Chrissy get's ready and we head to breakfast. I like to be up early for the return to the homeport too.

I don't sleep much at home... 3... 3 1/2 hours and the same is true on a cruise. My wife gets up a little later than normal but always meets our a few of her girlfriends on the Lido Deck for coffee.

I refuse to miss a sunrise at sea... refuse. Before sunrise I wander the ship taking pictures of the tiny elements that fascinate me so much... little details that make the ship what it is.

The quiet times on the ship let me get to know it at a bit of a more complete level. I sailed on the same ship seven times and came across details that I had never seen previously.

Wandering the ship before the guest population begins getting about gives me an opportunity to chat with crew members when they aren't so pressed to get this or that accomplished and I've made a number of friends that way.

Yep... late to bed... early to rise puts a smile on my face and a few thousand extra photos in my albums...

:smile:

I stay up much later on a cruise but wake at the same early hour. That is probably why I come home from vacation exhausted and needing another vacation. As much as I try to sleep in there is nothing quite like watching the sunrise at sea

WOOOOHOOOOQ! Spot on, MaryLou! I like the way you think!!!

:biggrin:

We always plan to sleep in. Ha Ha!!! Old habits ....... we still wake up early - that darn body clock takes so long to readjust. About the time we are ready to end the cruise we find that we are now sleeping a little later. Go figure!