• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Vacation Habits: Do you sleep in or still get up at the same time?

Rate this topic

Guess I'm the odd ball here...LOL I'm a night owl at home...sometimes staying up all night till 5 in the morning. When I'm cruising, I usually get to bed by 12 or 1 A.M., and am up by 8. My last cruise I got more sleep than I ever do at home. It does take me about an hour and a half to shower and do the hairdo and all though, so hubby usually goes to get breakfast on his own and brings me back some coffee. We have all of our other meals together onboard.

It depends. If I am in my time zone, I usually keep my normal schedule but have nap time at some point. If I travel to a different time zone then I try to stay on mine (which is sometimes difficult to do). Seattle/Alaska through my body all off track and I came back with jet lag and I haven't had that in a very long time.

... head up on deck for coffee and danishes ... I go back to the cabin for room service on the balcony ... and we head to breakfast ...

That sounds like breakfast three times – you’re my hero! :biggrin:

LOL!! You have to understand, I'm an Assistant Chef at an assisted living facility and feed about 100 residents per meal (that's 300 per day), sometimes working as the sole chef, so it's nice to have someone cook for ME for a change!!!! Besides, with all that food around, gotta try a bit of everything! :thumbup:

My usual wake up time at home is 5:00 am, so I am NOT going to get up that early on vacation. However, our internal body clocks sometimes will win, so if I do get up that early, I plan on ordering coffee and then sitting out on the balcony watching the sunrise. :wink2: