• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have Any Unusual Towel Animals Taken up Residence in Your Cabin?

Rate this topic

Jan115

I only remember one cruise - the Norwegian Dream in 2008 - where towel animals appeared in our cabin. Unlike some of the real freaky ones I've heard about, ours were pretty normal.

This one is named "Andy" for his minty eyes ...

DSCN1711.JPG

and this is "Sunluva" (used her as my profile pic for a time).

DSCN1964.JPG

I'd love to hear about some wild towel menagerie that may have appeared in your cruise cabin. Anyone?

One night Jerry came in to the cabin and was dissapointed because there was no towel animal. He wasn't looking. Hanging by the mirror was a monkey. I just kept watching him to see his expression. You would have thought it was his birthday!

A monkey was my favorite too -- our room steward had one hanging from the middle of our ceiling on the kind of hanger with clips on it, and had put my son's sunglasses and tux bow tie on him. He was adorable, and he hung there the rest of the week. :biggrin:

Fun topic, Jan! :thumbup:

-gina-

We had a towel monkey, too, on one vacation - I can't remember if it was the Carnival cruise in 2003 or an earlier Disneyworld trip. The darn thing was hanging from the ceiling and scared the crap outta me. And I have to say it was the scariest ape I'd ever seen! The kids thought it was fun, though. Wish I had a photo.

• 2 weeks later...