• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The joy of the doc dance

Rate this topic

crazy4disney

You know that feeling... you're finally able to print out your docs and your luggage tags, and suddenly the cruise you've been dreaming about for what feels like FOREVER is finally on the see-able horizon!! It feels real. :smile: I would dance on my desk right now if it wouldn't make my coworkers think I'm more insane than they already do, LOL. :tongue:

So who else gets excited over their docs?? :biggrin:

47 more days!!

-gina-

At one time Gina, when cruise docs were actually mailed to you, when we received them we got that feeling. That feeling that the many months wait for our cruise was a reality. But now, with the "printing" of your docs when final payment is made kinda took the waa-hoo away. It just seems to us to be more of part of the process now than the payoff (if you know what I mean). Getting that big envelope in the mail with the cruise boarding pass, the luggage tags and other docs were the "Waaa-Hoo" moment for us. But I guess now, just getting onboard has to be enough....DARN!!! :)

At one time Gina, when cruise docs were actually mailed to you, when we received them we got that feeling. That feeling that the many months wait for our cruise was a reality. But now, with the "printing" of your docs when final payment is made kinda took the waa-hoo away. It just seems to us to be more of part of the process now than the payoff (if you know what I mean). Getting that big envelope in the mail with the cruise boarding pass, the luggage tags and other docs were the "Waaa-Hoo" moment for us. But I guess now, just getting onboard has to be enough....DARN!!! :)

I know what you mean, Sarge. I didn't know how much I missed real paper docs until I got my real paper docs in the mail from Disney for our upcoming cruise on Magic. Yes, Disney still mails out a really neat spiral bound booklet with boarding passes and all that need-to-know info. I still get excited about e-docs, but this definitely added the WOW factor to getting docs!

I know what you mean, Sarge. I didn't know how much I missed real paper docs until I got my real paper docs in the mail from Disney for our upcoming cruise on Magic. Yes, Disney still mails out a really neat spiral bound booklet with boarding passes and all that need-to-know info. I still get excited about e-docs, but this definitely added the WOW factor to getting docs!

That's just what I was going to say, Jan... I *love* that neat little personalized booklet that Disney sends out! E-docs definitely aren't as exciting as that... but I still love the milestone of getting them. :-)

Congrats on the docs, Gina! Dancing with you!

I would be so excited to be printing out docs right now! I do agree, though, that the old way was a little more special when we got the docs and information all in a nice personalized booklet. Congrats on your cruise! Hope you have a wonderful time!

That's just what I was going to say, Jan... I *love* that neat little personalized booklet that Disney sends out! E-docs definitely aren't as exciting as that... but I still love the milestone of getting them. :-)

It does put Disney up a few notches from all the rest, doesn't it, Gina!