• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Jewel November 15, 2014

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
No, I have not sailed Norwegian before. Three on Carnival and one on Princess. Looking forward to the Jewel.

Hi Randall! It’s great to try different cruise lines to see what fits you best. Of course we’ve found that we love them all – makes picking the next one all the tougher! :laugh: Happy cruising!

We are also looking at Galveston as a port. The itineraries are wonderful. The airfare from Tucson to Houston and then the shuttle is what is holding me back (at least for now).

We absolutely love Cozumel. Been there at least 3 times on a cruise, maybe more. Each time we hire a taxi (one way fare) to Chan Kanab Park. There's a small entrance fee, but it's worth it. The beach is fabulous. The water is delicious and the snorkeling is not bad. Jerry and I just love walking around the grounds and seeing all the changes that have been made. Getting a taxi back to the ship is easy. They line up at the entrance.

Belize has incredible snorkeling. It's still a tender stop and the "townspeople" operate the tender. Be prepared to sit on this very hot, diesel (interpret as foul smelling) tender for quite awhile. With that being said, we have done 2 fantastic excursions in Belize. One was the cave tubing. Not sure if it's still offered. The second was a combination of events: riding in a jeep (that you drive), sailing down a river, crossing over bridges, having an incredible trek through a cave and a delicious (locally prepared) lunch. Rum punch drive back (they drive, you drink). Totally worth the time and the money.

We definitely want to return to Honduras. The only time we had an opportunity to be there, I was sick for 3 days with a killer migraine. I urged Jerry to explore on his own. He said that he would wait for me and we'll do it together. What that really meant was, "I can just lounge around and sleep all day, if I want." From what I was able to see out our balcony, it's beautiful!

The airfare is the main reason I am taking a trip out of Houston, because I can drive to the port instead of flying. I live in SW Louisiana about two and a half hours from Houston and about three hours from Galveston. I was thinking about taking a cruise out of Miami this year but after looking at airfare prices I decided to take one closer to home. Maybe in 2015 or 2016 I will take one out of Miami or somewhere else I would have to fly.