• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - August-September Alaska Cruise

Rate this topic

DebbieandJerry

Debbie - Thanks for sharing. That's great that you had nice weather and amazing scenery! Too bad about the food on board, though. Yes, Alaska ship excursions are very expensive. Unfortunately, getting to the best of the wildlife, scenery and glaciers often takes time and some travel - sometimes by plane. After you save up and return to Alaska, you might want to ask your agent about some affordable independent tours so you can see more of Alaska.

I'm hoping my next Alaska trip will be a cruise-tour - I really want to see Denali!

Thanks for the great review, Debbie...sorry about the food issues. I hope they will work on improving them. We have yet to see Alaska, but hope to one day. Everyone always says how beautiful Alaska is. So glad you had some nice relaxation time.

Don't get me wrong. The food wasn't horrible. It's just that we really were surprised about so much beef and fried foods. I'm guessing that a "meat-a-tarian" would complain that there wasn't enough meat!

We definitely want to return to Alaska and see much more of that part of the world.