• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ocean Princess Moving to Oceania Cruise Line

Rate this topic

7SeaCruiseTravel

Ocean PrincessNorwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. today announced a definitive agreement with Princess Cruises, Ltd. to purchase Ocean Princess for its newly acquired Oceania Cruises brand.

The 684-passenger ship joins Oceania Cruises' trio of award-winning sister ships Insignia, Regatta and Nautica. The new addition will be named Sirena.

Read more here: http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11912.html

• 4 weeks later...

We cruised her when she was the Tahitian Princess. I am surprised Princess is selling her. I wonder if they will also sell their other ship of this class, the Pacific Princess.

I hope not. I like that Princess has their small ship cruising option. With only 680 passengers, Pacific Princess remains a rarity these days with the main stream lines.

• 2 weeks later...

The smaller ships have a different vibe, more intimate, and you get to know the passengers better but also lack in the glam/glitz vibe that newer ships have. I suppose its what you prefer. For Tahiti I think the smaller ship was perfect. I wonder if now the pacific princess will shift over there.