• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CruiseCrazies Group Cruise, Winter 2016 - Let's Plan!!

Rate this topic

Jan115

A few of us over on the Daily Dock have been tossing around the idea of a long-overdue CruiseCrazies Group Cruise for January or February of 2016, so I thought I'd move the conversation here for the benefit of those regular members and new members who don't chat on the Dock.

So far we've discussed a 7-night cruise from one of the Florida or Gulf ports to the Caribbean, some time around the last week in January or first week in February. I've narrowed the options down to five from some of preferred cruise lines, ships and itineraries we talked about (i.e. ships under 3,200 px including Emerald Princess, Celebrity Reflection, Carnival Triumph, RCI Vision of the Seas and HAL Nieuw Amsterdam. I've posted a link comparing the five options:

CruiseCrazies Group Cruise Comparison

All feedback and ideas are welcomed, particularly cruise lines, ships, itineraries or ports which you won't sail, as well as favorites not mentioned in the comparison. Please comment here and let us know what you think.

If there's no objection, I'll be more than happy to set it all up.

So let's talk cruise! :smile:

RCI Vision is sister to Splendour, Enchantment, Grandeur and a few others. It's older - 1998, but just had an upgrade last year. I like the fact that it's smaller, only 2050 passengers, but if I were to choose a smaller ship, I'd choose HAL. Carnival would be my last choice as well.

I mentioned this in the Dock - but if anyone has difficulty with a group cruise in January-February because of other travel plans with family or blowing all their money on Christmas gifts, we could discuss a shorter 4 or 5-night cruis or perhaps moving the 7-day cruise to early May before the colleges and schools are out.

I did put together a comparison of 5-night cruises, and if anyone thinks this would be an option, let me know and I'll post up a link.

Our preference is a longer cruise. Can't promise that we would be able to join the group, but I will consider.

Hope you can make it! :smile: By "longer" cruise, do you mean 7 days - or do you mean longer? Right now I'm yearning for a smaller ship and have my eyes set on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam on January 31st, 7 nights. Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US, Key West, Florida, US, Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos, Amber Cove (Puerta Plata), Dominican Republic, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US.

• 5 weeks later...

Sitting here in the house during a Blizzard has gotten me thinking about the Caribbean and the CruiseCrazies Group Cruise which will hopefully happen in winter 2016. I'd like to get this rolling and see how many people we can get on board. Responses so far are leading to a smaller ship - HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam, sailing January 31, 2016, round trip from Ft. Lauderdale to the ports of Key West, Grand Turk, the new port of Amber Cove (Dominican Republic), HAL's private island of Half Moon Cay, plus two relaxing sea days.

Click Here for details

If everyone is in agreement, I'll get some group pricing, set it up and get a flyer out. :smile: