• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Independence of the Seas 10/4/2015

Rate this topic

We're doing Eastern (san juan, st. maarten, st. kitts) and then Western (Labadee, Jamaica, grand cayman, Cozumel). What was your experience with doing the B2B? Did the cruise line give you any special perks or anything?

First b2b was in Ft Lauderdale. We had a special pass that allowed us to leave the ship and come back and forth whenever. Because we opted to stay on the ship, truly nothing was off limits. The room steward was fantastic. I did laundry and Jerry stayed on the balcony while the steward did the deep cleaning.

Something to remember for the 1st leg, whatever liquor you purchase will be brought to your room the night before the ship docks!

I remember we got a gift basket on the 2nd leg with a lovely note.

Next b2b was in Miami. Again, the same type of pass that allowed us to freely come and go. Because our friends did not opt for the 2nd leg of our cruise, we were allowed to visit with them on the ship almost until the next wave of passengers came on (our friends were spending the night in Fl so there was no hurry for them to get off the ship either).

Great Itineraries. You should have a great time.

I know I can hardly wait. We booked this WAY back in April of 2014! It's been a long wait! But we're down to 6 months now so I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I have heard we'll get a free lunch at Giovanni's but Not holding my breath! We're planning to stay onboard between the two cruises. Maybe hit the hot tubs! Thanks again!