• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New to CruiseCrazies - Now Feed My Addiction

Rate this topic

My name is David and I am a cruiseaholic.

My wife and I took our first cruise in 2003 with seasoned cruisers. I have to admit I never had a desire to cruise and went to Miami, from NJ, kicking and screaming to board Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas. BAM! One hour later, the ship hasn't even left port and I am hooked.

That is my short story. My introduction to the fabulous world of cruising. Thank you to the Admins for allowing me to join and I hope to get a chance to meet many of you through these virtual pages. I'm not sure I'll get cured of my addiction on this site but I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to be all right.

Welcome David. We all suffer from the same ailment as you. There's no cure. What's the best treatment, you might ask? Book another cruise, the minute you walk in the door from the last one. In the meantime, come here for therapy - we're all cruiseaholics, and this is therapy - you've come to the right place!

My husband and I went on our first cruise a year before you, and even though I read everything ever written about cruising in advance of our new adventure, it never prepared us for the excitement we felt on board a floating resort in the Caribbean.

So - where are you headed to next?

Welcome David. We all suffer from the same ailment as you. There's no cure. What's the best treatment, you might ask? Book another cruise, the minute you walk in the door from the last one. In the meantime, come here for therapy - we're all cruiseaholics, and this is therapy - you've come to the right place!

My husband and I went on our first cruise a year before you, and even though I read everything ever written about cruising in advance of our new adventure, it never prepared us for the excitement we felt on board a floating resort in the Caribbean.

So - where are you headed to next?

Very nice to meet you, Jan. We will be taking the my two daughters and the married one's family on the Oasis of the Seas this summer. I will have my grandbaby with me so I won't be needing any excursions. LOL

David, I can certainly relate! I have a nearly 2-year-old grandson, and can't wait for the day when we travel again as a family - this time with a toddler running around getting into all kinds of trouble. :laugh: After all, who needs excursions with a Tiny Tot for entertainment! In fact, I bet babysitting will be involved, while the parents have some time alone! Have a great time with the family on Oasis - no one will be bored. :smile:

One hour later, the ship hasn't even left port and I am hooked...I'm not sure I'll get cured of my addiction on this site but I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to be all right.

Hi David! Yep, you’re hooked all right! We went on our first cruise in 1996; today we’ve been on 64 and have the next 4 booked so we definitely recognize the symptoms! :biggrin: Even with all our cruising we still desperately need to live vicariously through the cruises of others in between our own sailings, so please come back often to share your stories and your future plans. So many cruises, so little time!

What's the best treatment, you might ask? Book another cruise, the minute you walk in the door from the last one.

We have to respectfully disagree with you on this point Jan. There’s no way we could wait that long to book our next cruise without major withdrawal. We need to have at least our NEXT, next cruise booked before we sail! :laugh:

We've fully embraced our addiction to cruising and freely admit that the main reason we work is to support the habit! :cool2:

You're right, Michael & Amy. I guess my sure cure would work for the first-time cruiser, but for the true cruiseaholics, only a wide variety of reserved sailings waiting in the wings will do! Looks good in the forum signature, too!

• 1 month later...