• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hello from Kansas!

Rate this topic

Hi Michelle - thanks for joining us! We all started out as cruise newbies at one point, and it sure is fun checking off another sailing on the bucket list. Do you have another cruise planned for the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do! My BFF of 30 years and I are doing the Western Caribbean on Carnival Freedom in February. It's the Blogger Cruise with John Heald, which happened by accident.

She has never been out of the country. We are over the moon excited! Only 121 days to go! When we booked we had over 500!

I just got back from this cruise and loved it. We have been on the Carnival Freedom at least 3-4 times and the ship is in great shape and the folks working on it are top notch. We started from Galveston and stopped in Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Let me know if you have any questions or want any tips and I'll be glad to provide you with info.

100 days will fly by!

I'm glad to hear you liked it! I've done a little research and am really looking forward to this itinerary. My first cruise was the Eastern Caribbean on Glory. We went to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I had so much fun!!

Jen and I have decided not to do any excursions this time. We are looking forward to walking and shopping at the ports. She and I have been friends for 30 years. She has never left the country before, so she really doesn't want to be tied down to schedules. I'm with her. I never want to have to look at my watch, other than to get back on the ship, which we will do in plenty of time because we plan on getting pool time in while most people are on the islands.

That may sound silly. We can get in a pool anywhere. But truth be told, she's not much of a swimmer, and I'm kind of scared of the ocean. I've faced my fears via snorkeling at Molokini Crater in Maui, I've waded in the Gulf of Mexico and a bit in the Caribbean too, but I tend to get a bit panicked, so the pool on the ship is perfect, in my opinion.

Anyway, now that you know a bit about me, any suggestions? We will be crazy with the camera, liberal with the adult beverages, and our morals will be questionable. It all makes for a great time. :)

Michelle - Your plan sounds perfect! The ship is much quieter and more peaceful when everyone else goes ashore, and it's a great opportunity to enjoy the pool and hot tubs without the crowds. The great thing about cruising is that you're free to do whatever makes you happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 9:57 PM, Minkster1973 said:

I'm Michelle from Kansas.

I think the population here is filled with more seasoned cruisers than I am, but I'm working on that.

I like your site. Thanks for having me.

Michelle we are from Kansas as well.  I know its been a while but I am new to the Cruise Crazies.