• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Carnival Ecstasy - Time to Sink this Ship!

Rate this topic

btate

It seems that the music themed Carnival cruises do attract a certain crowd, especially depending on the artist. We are huge Princess fans as well, which is why we tend to steer clear of Carnival. It's a shame about the condition of the ship. I like the smaller ships, and I wish the cruise lines - not just Carnival - would invest some money in revitalizing some of the old classics before they're gone for good.

I agree with the ship size. It seems like some of the new gigantic ships are getting mixed reviews. Bigger is not always better when it comes to cruise ships. I like the size of the 100k ton - 125k ton ships for the most part. I also have enjoyed the 75k ton ships I have been on. It seems like you don't have to walk as far to get where you are going. The good part about the big ships is that I can use the extra walking to walk off some of the food I eat!

Perhaps it was a coincidence but it was on the mega Oasis where we sensed the least degree of motion or sway.

I just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Ecstasy and enjoyed it. The ship is old (1991) but I have been told Carnival keeps their ships up well. I believe these ships can go for a long while, and Carnival decided to keep the Fantasy class ships longer. They seem to be the right size for most ports. For upcoming cruises from Charleston in February 2016 there`s not much choice. It`s either the Ecstacy, or, well, .... basically, the Ecstacy.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it interesting that the ships advertise "shows" but not the cost to see the show. Sorry that you paid so much.

As for your review, thank you for being honest. Ecstasy is an older ship and is made for the 3 and 4 night cruises. I agree that bigger is not always better. I'm surprised that you had such a bad experience, but you are not letting that interfere with your love of cruising.