• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for APRIL 2016

Rate this topic

Good evening,

What a difference a day makes. We went from cold, rainy and miserable to sunny and 60 in a span of just a few hours. And I arrived home from work to find the lawn all cleaned up and pretty after the landscapers sneaked by to work their magic.

MaryLou - you're right about the paper goods at wal-mart and how cheap they are. My husband gets snippy, though, when I shop anywhere but the local Stop & Shop, because I'm robbing him of his precious gas points!

I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to get an exception from HAL to their no-international booking rule which I discovered when trying to book Miranda's cabin into our group block. It appears HAL is one of a handful (including Princess and Cunard) that require guests to book in their own locale for fear of US agents stealing guests from international agents. There supposedly are exceptions made for certain groups, and I requested one today. Whether they will consider CruiseCrazies worthy enough for an exception remains to be seen. Keep your fingers crossed, Miranda - for both you and your German friend!

Just worked up an appetite with my 50 minute workout, and now it's time to see what I can scrounge up for dinner.

Jan

THURSDAY - APRIL 28th

Good morning Crazies. It looks like another spring day is headed our way. Time to break out the capris and sandals.

Jan - I'm sorry to hear HA is giving you a problem with the group booking. I hope you get that exception. Jim is the same way with me shopping in Giant for gas points. He just doesn't get it that if he drives 5 minutes more he will be in NJ where gas is anywhere from 35 to 50 cents cheaper than in Pa.

I've got to find something to feed the kids tonight. We are working on cleaning out our freezers

Make today special

Good afternoon,

I had a craving for an egg salad sandwich, so I made a couple last night for our lunches today, and what did I do? Left mine at home. Guess I'm going to have to break my homemade lunch streak and go out and buy something.

MaryLou - that's something I don't need to clean - freezers. I've never had any spare in the basement, and my current fridge is on the small side with the freezer on the bottom that has very limited space. So there's not much to clean out because we can't stock anything. That's why my holiday meal trips are always crazy last minute adventures. I did have an old fridge in the basement once, but it died and was hauled away. With the pain of going up and down stairs, I'm glad I never replaced it.

Time to pick up that lunch.

Jan

FRIDAY. APRIL 29th

Good morning Crazies. It looks like we will have a wet day today but the flowers and lawn need it. At any rate I'm heading to the mall and it will be nice and dry inside there.

Jan. So sorry about you forgetting your lunch. We haven't had egg salad since we used up all the Easter eggs but now that you have mentioned it that just might be our lunch today

Nothing else going on here so I guess it's time to get the kids up and moving

Make today special

Good evening -

I had a very busy day off today. The coffee and the sandwiches never got made last night because I was just too tired. I woke up this morning at 4:30 am wide awake and figured that was as good a time as any to take care of it. In 38 years of marriage, I don't think that's ever happened. As long as I was up, I went to the computer - at 5:00 am - to start my day. Friday is the day I devote to catching up on the paperwork side of the travel business, plus a couple of challenging trips I'm piecing together. I wanted to get a head start before taking Amanda to breakfast at 10 am. After lunch I returned to the computer to tie up some loose ends.

Tomorrow is Alex's birthday party, as he turned 3 this week. Mom and Dad are having it at home in the back yard, and I hope the weather holds out. I just came back from Target with a talking Elmo card, Spider-Man wrapping paper and a super hero gift bag, because we all know at age 3 it's all about the packaging!

MaryLou - I hope you stayed dry at the mall and came home with lots of goodies! I love springtime lawns - they all look so green and without watering. We hardly ever water, so come summer, it won't look so attractive.

Time to catch up with some TV with a slice of pizza. Have a good night!

Jan

SATURDAY, APRIL 30TH

Good morning fellow Crazies,

My German friend already booked OUR cruise! So I really hope you will get that exception Jan. I read that HAL is overcharging passengers for a Koningsdam Cruise. And I tend to believe that, cause Martina already got the message, that she will get a refund 90 days prior to sailing, when prices drop. Twitter is full of it.

The weather was cold and wet lately, like we were headin' back to winter, even that dreadful white stuff. But fortunately the forecast is better now and temperatures will rise, finally.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Miranda

Good morning Crazies. I'm not sure what today will bring but I'm sure I will find something to keep my busy. TJ is here with us today as Ash is on her way to NYC with Deb to see her very first Broadway play. She is over the top excited - didn't even grumble when Mom got her up at 5:30. I told her to sleep on the bus so she won't fall asleep in the theatre.

Miranda - White stuff and April just do not belong together no matter where you live. I hope spring returns to you soon.

I'm glad to hear your friend is booked on this cruise.

Jan - It sounds like you were just exhausted. I hope the weather holds out for Alex's birthday party. I know at 3 it's all about the paper and boxes and gifts come in. Have fun

I just heard the tv go on in the living room so I guess TJ is ready for a new day to begin.

Make today special

I tried to get here all week and couldn't. Roof is done and passed inspection. Cholesterol numbers down so no meds. Mom is coming along slowly and suitcases are mostly packed. Really looking forward to some recharging time.

Shari hope your feeling better.

Ray glad your going to the doctor, 7 sounds like a lot of meds to me as well.

Jan too funny, I had egg salad same day. It was a rare treat for me. Happy belated birthday to Alex.

Sorry this is short but still lots to do. Have a great week all

Good Saturday Evening, Crazies! It seems like a month since I posted! Hoping this post doesn't get lost because it is almost May.... Have been crazy busy with our trip to Charleston, then got back and worked every night and this weekend had our AAUW State Convention - whew! Just getting a chance to catch my breath.

Jan - I put through a booking request - hope I did everything right. Didn't know what to put for pre-hotel....Doubletree sounds great buyt wondering what others are thinking about # of nights....come to think of it - I didn't consider post-plans either....what is everyone thinking?

Miranda - Hoping your booking goes through with no trouble - can't wait to meet you and your friends!

Ray - have you put your reservation in yet?

So sorry to have missed everyone's posts all week. Will have to try to catch up....maybe after I get some sleep, ha!

Take care and hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!