• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
cruisetarp

Daily Dock for MAY 2016

Rate this topic

Good Sunday Evening, Crazies! So quiet.......chirp chirp.......

Either everyone is being really lazy (which is just fine!) Or everyone is super busy. Whatever it is - I hope everyone is happy and well.

Mary Lou - We had frost last night - hence, your frost tonight.... Today it did make it out of the 40s with sun - so things are improving a bit. That is funny that Jim put on his robe and went out to wave at his commuter friends. Maybe I will set the alarm, think about my colleagues all heading in to work, and promptly go back to sleep, ha! I do have to make it through the next two weeks, though....which is going to test my patience considerably.

Well.....have a great night, Crazies....wherever you are!

MONDAY - MAY 16th

Good morning Crazies. It has been extremely quiet here on the dock. Come on lurkers, stop by and say Hi and you will find a nice spot to chat and meet fellow cruise Crazies.

I just sent anniversary wishes off to our favorite newlyweds. I can't believe Heather & Art have been married for 1 whole year already. That time really flew by.

Andi - Yes, it sure is quiet around here. I wish we could get some of our former posters back. These next two weeks will really fly by for you, especially if you are busy.

Today is retail therapy day - I'm having an awful time finding a gold belt for the dress I bought for our anniversary

Make today special

Well good afternoon there Crazies,

What am I doing at the Dock on a Monday afternoon? Well it's a national day off, the Brits call it Bank Holiday. To us it's Whit Monday. I just finished my work out, going to hit the shower in a bit, maybe doing some groceries, get on the couch and watch Haven before and after dinner. Back to work tomorrow.

We already had very summer like weather, but had frost last night. So it's crazy over here too, but will be better at the end of the week.

And yes I am very interested in the Spring cruise of 2018. I love the fact that I already have a cruise booked for July 2017. My friends just can't believe it. But they know I'm crazy enough and lovin' it!

Well, going to hit the shower (hard :tongue:) and wish all of you a great week.

Miranda

Good morning,

I posted yesterday, but either I forgot to hit the POST button or my words are swirling around somewhere in cyberspace. Basically, I was raving about our weather Saturday and how gorgeous and summer-like it was, and now much I got accomplished - dragging the patio furniture out of the garage, finding more junk in the garage to add to the yard sale pile, and hosing down the screens for the windows and doors. I also got out my handy little toolbox and hung hooks in the ceilings of the three bow windows to hold our collection of chimes that were displaced in the renovation.

Saturday night was the chorale concert at the cathedral, and it was a beautiful performance, as always. Yesterday afternoon was David conducting the youth wind ensemble, and he and the group got a rave reaction from the parents, friends and relatives. I have two pet peeves - things which everyone who has ever attended an orchestra, band, or choral concert knows, or should know - (1) hold the applause between movements and (2) no entering or leaving the concert hall mid-performance. School and youth performance audiences can be forgiven for their applause at the wrong time - most just don't know and have never been taught about concert etiquette. Regarding pet peeve #2, ushers are posted at the doors preventing people from entering at the wrong time. However, an usher allowed some people in yesterday in the row in front of me - and what's worse, it was during a student's featured solo! If I was that student's parents, I would have been furious.

Andi - We are having the same crazy weather - summer one day, frost the next. I hope to have a few itineraries to share for Princess 2018 soon.

MaryLou - Happy 1st anniversary to the newlyweds. That first year does fly by in the blink of an eye! Good luck shopping for the belt for your dress. I have little patience. If I can't find the right accessory, I buy a whole new outfit.

Miranda - My friends and family think I'm crazy, too, for booking so far in advance. Wait until they hear I'm about to book spring 2018! I'm glad you and Andi are both excited. Looks like we'll have another group!

Time for lunch. Have a great day!

Jan

Good Evening, Crazies! OK - now that this work day is done....only 1 MORE MONDAY! This is how desperate my countdown has become. One thing I can say - they are really making sure that I know I have made the right decision. I can just about guarantee there will be no regrets! A meeting before the 2.5 hour meeting until I could even get to my email, at which point I had racked up 103 of them. It took me the rest of the day to just get through those plus the ones that came in while I was answering those....until my 5:00 conference call. I finally said "enough" at 5:50 and came home. And we went to IHOP and ate pancakes....and I don't even feel guilty. So in essence, I got nothing done toward leaving everything in order.

Mary Lou - Congrats to the "no-more-newlyweds"! Here are good wishes for Year 2!

Miranda - Happy Whit Monday! Any excuse for a day off and it sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day planned. And good for you - you are really dedicated about going to the gym. That is one thing I want to definitely pick back up daily is the gym....especially since this morning's doctor visit. My lab work numbers were fabulous, but "the weight number HAS to go south" (said Mr. Doctor!) Like I don't know that, lol. All of my friends and family expect me to have a few cruises booked at all times, ha! But Spring 2018 might be a new record.

Jan - Glad you had some gorgeous weather. The best I can say for ours is that we had no frost last night, hooray. It was slightly sunny today - for a time - and it did get into the 50s. Sounds like you were really motivated to get some spring work done - I need to find that motivation somewhere......

Stop in and say hi, lurkers - we are very friendly! And hope all of our "regulars" are okay......yoo hoooooo?

TUESDAY - MAY 17th

Good morning Crazies. More rain on the horizon for us today. We will never get our garden planted at this rate.

Today Jim goes back to the wound center. After going there for over 11 months and finally getting discharged less than a month ago, his ankle has opened AGAIN. They should have just done a new skin graft last year and gotten it over with. Let's just hope this is a quicker heal. Our pool club opens in two weeks and our cruise to Bermuda is not too far away.

Andi - I'm happy to hear all your numbers are good at the Dr. You will probably lose weight once you aren't sitting at a desk all day and grabbing meals on the run. Good luck.

Miranda - I hope you enjoyed your nice long weekend and made the most of it.

Jan - I also have no patience for shopping when I can't find what I want. I would buy a new dress, but that is what I am looking for a belt for. Love the dress, hate the belt that came with it. I will find it though.

I'm off to do some baby shopping today. Our neighbor and friend welcomed their second daughter into their family yesterday. Actually have already bought the baby gift but do need to find a big sister gift for their older daughter.

Make today special

Good Evening, Crazies! Didn't make it out of the lower 50s today and back down into the 30s tonight. And Mary Lou - I know what you mean about more rain and no garden....driving to dinner tonight we commented on all the flooded fields and standing water everywhere. Ought to be a great mosquito season if the weather every warms up!

I am getting quite nervous about the news reports of unbelievably long waits to get through TSA. I had mentioned that our daughter almost missed our flight to our February cruise because of the long lines and apparently it has gotten much much worse! They had to break out the cots at O'Hare Sunday night because so many people missed their flights. And that is after arriving at the airport 2-3 hours ahead of time!! On June 19 our flight leaves at 8:50 a.m... I'm thinking we are going to have to get there at least by 6 am. Hubby and I usually get TSA Precheck but the kids do not. I can't imagine how Lucas will hold up standing in line for 3 hours.....oy......

Well....not much to say except I am at T-minus 9 and counting..............

WEDNESDAY - MAY 18th

Good morning Crazies. The crazy weather continues here - nice one day - cold and wet the next. Yards are beginning to look like jungles and no end in sight. Tomorrow we head to Ct. for Colin's Confirmation and I have no idea what to pack.

Andi - We have been reading about the delays at the airports and seeing it on the news. My brother flies O'Hare to Shanghai at least once a week and they would always be able to by-pass the lines but no longer. He has almost missed a couple of his flights lately because of the lines. He has to go through Newark first to get to O'Hare. What a mess. It will be hard keeping Lucas amused for that time. Not a good way to start a vacation.

Time to start the laundry and get my day moving forward.

Make today special

Good morning Crazies. Finally have a few minutes to check in here. Came home on Mother's Day and I must have picked up a bug on the ship. Sick all day, even turned down the granddaughters coming over. Felt much better Mo day night and then started catching up. Saw my Mom on Saturday and celebrated Mother's Day. Finally saw my girls yesterday. Jocelyn really missed me as she gave me a big hug when we picked her up at school.

Had a great time on Freedom and enjoyed the company of some old friends. Chatted with my Norweigian friend about the Norway trip. No final decision yet.

Andi I too am worried about the airport. 3 of the worst are here in Florida. We are flying out of Mia I but not until October so hopefully things will get better by then. Pre check means nothing if they close the line and that is what has been happening here.

Today is catch up day, wash, paperwork, meal planning, etc so I better get moving. Have a great day all.

Good afternoon,

We've had two nice, seasonal days, and I've started walking the neighborhood at work at lunch time. Yesterday I treaded carefully, this being the first time out there on the sometimes not so even sidewalks. Today, I picked up the pace and went a little further, about a half mile. I did have to ice up with the pack I keep here in the freezer at the office, but it worked. Hopefully, I can continue the trend.

Rose, welcome back from the Freedom. Sorry to hear you got sick for Mother's Day. I hope your Norwegian friend had some great things to say about where we're going, and I hope you can join us on Koningsdam. There are only a handful of us right now, but I'm optimistic we'll find more. As mentioned in my last post, Princess is coming out with their 2017-18 Caribbean and Panama schedules tomorrow, and there's enough interest to plan a spring 2018 group.

Andi, those lines at the airports are worrying me, too. Is Midway as bad as Chicago? I hate to arrive 4 hours early to the airport for such a short trip to Chicago. Ugh! I'm thinking of applying for TSA pre check, but I hear there are long lines there, as well. It sounds like they want you to never forget them in retirement - a little chaos to remember them by. It'll all be over soon - just keep telling yourself that! Those worrisome pounds will melt away once you're busy doing retirement stuff like gardening, walking, baking, putting dinner on the table every night for Ed ... sorry, I couldn't resist, LOl!

MaryLou - So sorry to hear about the re-emergence of Jim's ankle wound. I hope it gets all healed up by the time your Bermuda cruise rolls around. Pool club? I assume you mean the swimming kind and not the billiards kind. Maybe I should suggest this to David, as he still hasn't forgiven me for giving way the backyard pool.

Back to work. Have a good afternoon!

Jan