• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Southern Mediterranean

Rate this topic

RayColey

Thanks for sharing, Ray. Your review just affirms that Viking has cornered the small ship market with their new ocean cruise venture! The ship sounds amazing, and perfect for the cruiser who is looking for a smaller, more intimate experience with more included amenities. All your ports sound amazing (okay, with the exception of donkey poop:ohmy: in Algiers). I am happy you liked the early-entry tour to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. I always tell everyone I know going to Rome to do this tour - if not through Viator, through another guide, because there are several of them. The beauty of THE CEILING is lost if you're in a crowded room standing shoulder to shoulder. We said the same thing - how sorry we were for all those people when we passed through the second time on our way to other areas of the tour. I agree with your assessment of Viking's excursion booking policy and suites getting first dibs. I hope they will re-think this in the future.

Thank you so much for the wonderful, detailed review!  Ever since Viking first announced their ocean ships, we felt like they were designed specifically for us – can’t wait to sail with them!  Also love all the great insight on these awesome ports!  Thanks again!

Ray...thank you so  much for taking the time to do a review...it was excellent, just as your cruise was.  So happy you both had a wonderful time. The way you explained things could make me feel like I was there.  The ship sounds like it would be a wonderful blessing to be cruising on.