• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Avoid this Airline at all Costs!!

Rate this topic

TheSkipper

Just returned from a 26 day cruise of the Baltic and Transatlantic to NYC.  Booked our air through Princess Cruises, Albuquerque, New Mexico to Copenhagen, Denmark.  All went well until our leg out of Madrid, Spain to Copenhagen.  Iberian Express service, 3 hour flight.  Less that six inches of leg room for all seats.  At six feet;4 inches: needless to say I was :Stuffed: into a seat.  Did physical damage to both of my knees on this flight.  This is a "No Frills" airline where a plastic glass of water will cost you 5 Euros.  Spent over $1,300 in medical expenses aboard the Regal Princess.  Anything to kill the pain in my left knee!!  Used a cane for the entire cruise and had to disembark in New York City in a wheel chair.  Went to my primary doctor today for more pain meds and referral to an orthopedic surgeon.  Looks like a knee replacement is in my future.  Bone grinding on bone thanks to my airline flight with Iberian.

Just wanted to alert all my fellow cruisers to avoid this airline at all costs.  Been flying all of my life and never run into a situation like this.

Thanks for the warning Skipper.  So sorry you had to go through all of that.  So sorry that you will need a knee replacement.  We had something like that on a flight back from Acapulco years back.  It was a last minute flight because of the ship we were on having problems, and we had to get off in Mexico.  The plane was so tight, and I felt bad for Marc since he is fairly tall and I am short...we did have our heads and knees up so close to the next seat that it was really uncomfortable.  Marc is around 5'10" and it was hard for him.  I can only imagine how hard it was for you.

Hope all goes well...sorry you have to go through all of that.  It seems like most of the planes are getting even more tight than before.  I am overweight, but I always take an end seat and sit next to Marc so I don't have to bother anyone else.  I try to be caring for everyone...one thing that bothers me is that people will lean their chair back to sleep and they are so tight these days there really isn't enough space to do that...especially when you want to put your glass or some food on the tray to eat.